Quantcast
Virgil Van Dijk - Page 260 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

Recommended Posts

I know we’re biased, but is there anyone out there more worthy of the balon d’or?

 

Rapist is having a great season for Juve, granted. 

 

I wouldn’t swap Virgil for any player

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moof said:

I know we’re biased, but is there anyone out there more worthy of the balon d’or?

 

Rapist is having a great season for Juve, granted. 

 

I wouldn’t swap Virgil for any player

Same here. Not even Messi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very eloquently put by one of my favourite football writers, Barney Ronay...

 

Van Dijk is a fascinating leader. He doesn’t yodel and bang his chest. It is more a question of presence, a way of standing. Even watching from the seats you feel somehow that you’re going to find that train home, that the half-time queues will be short, that whatever it is that’s happening in parliament will work out.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/mar/13/virgil-van-dijk-liverpool-bayern-munich-champions-league?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My missus Manc uncle about a month or two after we signed him said he's overrated sick of hearing "rolls royce". Now he's saying he's the only reason we are doing anything the best defender in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If van Dijk stays here for the remainder of his career and continues to perform at this level then at some point we're going to start talking about him as possibly the best centre back the club has ever had.

 

I know that sounds like a ridiculous overstatement given how brilliant some of Livepool's best defenders have been but I stand by it. He really is that good.

 

And as moof mentioned upthread, he really should be in the conversation for the Balon D'Or. If we win the league and/or the CL he might even get some consideration for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is utterly fucking ludicrous how good he is just now and how effortless and easy he seems to find this game. 

 

He also seems to be prepared to fire some fucks into those around him to make sure they aspire to his level. A born leader and destined for legendary status at this club. Did anyone notice him giving Robbo the "what the fuck did you do that for " look at the end of the game?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved his glare at fabinho in the derby when he gave the ball away in the 2nd half. Fabinho didn't even look at him. Like a scolded dog, just put his head down and got into position. He's even given confidence to Matip to give out. Gave out yards to Robbo after the og. Never seen him do that before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, niallers said:

Loved his glare at fabinho in the derby when he gave the ball away in the 2nd half. Fabinho didn't even look at him. Like a scolded dog, just put his head down and got into position. He's even given confidence to Matip to give out. Gave out yards to Robbo after the og. Never seen him do that before.

He gave Mignolet loads of shit in his debut against Everton. Rightly so. Last player I saw do that so early in their Liverpool career was Gerrard at Anfield (against Everton) when he cleared off the line a couple of times and he was screaming at Redknapp and Ince for standing still n the middle and not getting back. 99 I think. We won 3:2. Fowler sniffed the line. Thats when I knew Gerrard was going to be fucking great. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soapytitwank said:

Everything seems to come so easy to him. It's absolutely ludicrous. I wish I was as smooth in any situation in life as he is with a striker bearing down on him. 

I know. I cant even get crumpets out of the toaster without smashing a window 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I think you need to move your windows away from the toaster. It's what van Dijk would do.

Van Dijk would saunter around the kitchen, nonchalantly, and the millisecond the crumpets popped he would somehow swoop and gather them midair without breaking stride.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He gave Mignolet loads of shit in his debut against Everton. Rightly so. Last player I saw do that so early in their Liverpool career was Gerrard at Anfield (against Everton) when he cleared off the line a couple of times and he was screaming at Redknapp and Ince for standing still n the middle and not getting back. 99 I think. We won 3:2. Fowler sniffed the line. Thats when I knew Gerrard was going to be fucking great. 

I was at that match. My first ever game. Twas April 99. Fuck, 20 year ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, niallers said:

I was at that match. My first ever game. Twas April 99. Fuck, 20 year ago. 

Dacourt scored a belter in the opening minutes. Thought fuck sake here we go again 

 

Load of everton fans steaming into people round the back of the main stand after the game. Families etc. Twats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Dacourt scored a belter in the opening minutes. Thought fuck sake here we go again 

 

Load of everton fans steaming into people round the back of the main stand after the game. Families etc. 

 What, the holders of the moral high ground cup, 55 years running, had fans giving it large after yet another Anfield defeat? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

If van Dijk stays here for the remainder of his career and continues to perform at this level then at some point we're going to start talking about him as possibly the best centre back ever.

Agreed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Virgil Van Dijk’s an oaf on the dance floor
And Steve-O thinks that dog Keane won’t let him score
I don't know what he’s longing for 
I said Virgil Van Dijk’s an oaf on the dance floor
Glancing past a short-armed cock like Origi from 96 or more
From 96 or more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/03/2019 at 02:34, moof said:

I know we’re biased, but is there anyone out there more worthy of the balon d’or?

 

Rapist is having a great season for Juve, granted. 

 

I wouldn’t swap Virgil for any player

Idiot.

 

I like you as a poster, but that casual label is disgraceful. 

 

Have a think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, razor said:

Idiot.

 

I like you as a poster, but that casual label is disgraceful. 

 

Have a think.

How dare you. He fingered Penelope Cruz on the QE2 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×