You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

Love that Troy Deeney quote. 

Watford striker Troy Deeney once noted that he “hates” playing Van Dijk. “He’s too big, too strong, too quick, too good on the ball, loves fighting, a good head of hair,” he said, adding that he even “smells lovely”.

• Upvote 1

I agree with those above concerned that he hasn't had a rest in quite some time.

It is nice that he doesn't tend to sprint as much as most of our other players - sprinting is usually when you get muscle injuries - but it's still a worry for me. If I were Klopp I'd give some serious thought to maybe pulling him on 60 minutes in the upcoming Newcastle game, as it's the only real "breather" we have until mid-January.

Then obviously he won't play in the FA Cup game against Wolves and after that as Aventus noted he'll get the first Bayern game off so that'll be a good 15 days off there. I just think that before that we really need to give him a breather, let him rest his legs. He must have played about 15 or 20 90-minute games in a row at this point. Any kind of long-term injury to him here, even if it's just a month or two, and any hopes of a title challenge are over as far as I'm concerned.

36 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Don’t they pronounce g like the Spaniards? i.e. “kh”

I have no idea how the Spanish say it. It is a hard harsh g sound like coughing up a fur ball. You are closest to it with a kh. It's certainly not like light. These punners are making right twats of themselves.