Quantcast
Virgil Van Dijk - Page 242 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

On 10/27/2018 at 6:11 AM, Hades said:

He's brought a calmness to the experience of watching Liverpool that is transcendent. Years of anxiety and dread whenever the opposition counterattacked have just melted away. It's difficult to know how to feel because we'd become accustomed to playing on the edge. Perhaps that's led some like myself to be unnecessarily harsh on the forwards and midfielders. We'd have lost a fair few of those games before Virgil. Thank you big man.

Jinx activated.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Would love to see him on the score sheet a bit more. Not that I'm complaining as he's fucking immense.

I reckon he'll get one in the next couple of games. I've noticed he's been getting forward a lot more recently, even getting in the box during open play instead of just during set pieces. 

Having Fabinho comfortably slotting into the space left by Virgil is going to mean we see a lot more of this going forward. 

On 10/27/2018 at 8:48 PM, Closer To God said:

He's Virgil van Dijk.........

I know it's supposed to be to the tune of dirty old town, but my brain keeps thinking it's something else. 

Can anybody help me out? Is there a possibly more modern song that sounds close to dirty old town? Maybe it even sampled the original or something. 

Proper freaking my nut out. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What’s the lyrics. Hard to make out. 

I think it’s:

”He’s our centre half, he’s our number 4, watch him defend and we watch him score. He can pass the ball, calm as you like, he’s Virgil Van Dijk, he’s Virgil Van Dijk.”

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I think it’s:

”He’s our centre half, he’s our number 4, watch him defend and we watch him score. He can pass the ball, calm as you like, he’s Virgil Van Dijk, he’s Virgil Van Dijk.”

At first I thought it was "and once he scored" thought it was a wee dig at Everton. 

The real lyrics are better I'll admit. 

14 minutes ago, Hades said:

What hope do mere mortal footballers have in his presence?

He definitely is a superior being. If you take all the positive attributes of a human being and put them altogether you get something very close to Virgil.

• Upvote 2

Wesley ‘Two-Scoops’ Berry can jump over a car. Virgil van Dijk can jump over a double-decker bus that’s jumping over Wesley ‘Two-Scoops’ Berry jumping over a car. Whilst eating three scoops.