You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

Yes and his stance of wanting to join LFC changed to wanting to join a top club to LFC being his first preference over the course of this saga,

I can only speak for myself but if I was van Dijk, I wouldnt be looking to sign for us in January or next summer. I honestly think we've hung him out to dry.

We agree for once mate

Yes and his stance of wanting to join LFC changed to wanting to join a top club to LFC being his first preference over the course of this saga,

I can only speak for myself but if I was van Dijk, I wouldnt be looking to sign for us in January or next summer. I honestly think we've hung him out to dry.

And yet, up until today he still made us his first choice. All it needed was 'I choose Chelsea' and he'd be their's. That hasn't happened yet, people still feel confident to contradict his own words.

He's had two months to choose another club. He still hasn't, just like Keita never signed for someone else after we ballses that up.

Maybe, he doesn't blame the club, maybe he is prepared to be patient.

His last statement was a 'preference' to join LFC ie he'd consider going elsewhere and not he'd 'only' go to LFC.

As I see it, if the owners were not going to bid unless SFC invited them to, you'd think someone at LFC would tell him the games up and he may as well try to re integrate himself?

His last statement was a 'preference' to join LFC ie he'd consider going elsewhere and not he'd 'only' go to LFC.

As I see it, if the owners were not going to bid unless SFC invited them to, you'd think someone at LFC would tell him the games up and he may as well try to re integrate himself?

As I said, so simple to solve this 'I recant my Catholocism', and it's over. Yet he never did - talk semantics as much as you want, training alone 3 weeks into the season and still didn't say the safe word 'Chelsea'.

So we never even put a bid in for VVD even after he put in a request and we were supposedly the only club he wanted to join.

Makes me wonder just how guilty we were and of what exactly to 1. Make that apology and 2. Be too afraid to bid for a player who has handed in a transfer request and wanted to join us....

Clearly Southampton have very damning evidence and we have had to bend over and lube up for them in exchange for not grassing us up.

Whoever is at fault should be bin bagged.

As I said, so simple to solve this 'I recant my Catholocism', and it's over. Yet he never did - talk semantics as much as you want, training alone 3 weeks into the season and still didn't say the safe word 'Chelsea'.

It's pretty much immaterial now. Doesnt change my opinion we hung him out to dry. We didnt even bid, we didnt even offer sakho. Dont ask, you dont get.

And as I said, I'll be surprised if he still wants to come here in January or next summer. That's if we bother to bid.

So we never even put a bid in for VVD even after he put in a request and we were supposedly the only club he wanted to join.

Makes me wonder just how guilty we were and of what exactly to 1. Make that apology and 2. Be too afraid to bid for a player who has handed in a transfer request and wanted to join us....

Clearly Southampton have very damning evidence and we have had to bend over and lube up for them in exchange for not grassing us up.

Whoever is at fault should be bin bagged.

Clearly you're right, they had us by the bollocks. But that doesn't explain why we didn't look elsewhere.

It's pretty much immaterial now. Doesnt change my opinion we hung him out to dry. We didnt even bid, we didnt even offer sakho. Dont ask, you dont get.

And as I said, I'll be surprised if he still wants to come here in January or next summer. That's if we bother to bid.

That is just nonsense. If we are not going to wait, we'd have moved on.

If you can't even stick up for your own arguments, not sure what we are talking for.

Nothing makes sense. We pissed him off so much that he moves from wanting to sign for us to preferring to sign for us! Fucking hell i'd hate to see him when he's angry!

Now, we won't bother bidding in future for a player whom we've made our first choice ahead of anybody else! So, nobody but VVD but we can't bid, and as soon as the window closes, now that we have nobody - time to move on! Yeah okay. That makes sense.

We don't have to look far to get a massive improvement on our defence. Evans for one is a good player. 100 times the player Dejan is. The only good thing about Klavan is his name. I'm sure capable defenders are two a penny in Serie A or the Bundesliga.

Klavan and Lovren must have evidence on film of Jurgen committing a criminal offence. Baffling.

Pearce summimg it up nicely:

"Klopp didn’t want to pursue an alternative defensive target to Van Dijk - insisting that if the former Celtic man remained out of reach he would push on with what he’s got.

That looks like a major gamble with Ragnar Klavan and Joe Gomez the only back-up to the first choice centre-back duo of Dejan Lovren and Joel Matip as Liverpool look to compete on four fronts this season. One injury in that department and the squad will really be stretched."

I'll say it again, what was the plan here? Did it all hinge on Southampton having a change of heart and be willing to do business with us on the final day? Just mental.

We have a clown show at the back and I'd include matip in that with the other two. Major major risk going into a packed first half of the season with these lads.