Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

If a bid goes in for Virgil Van Dijk today then Southampton will reject it. (SkySports)

Virgil Van Dijk is training at Southampton's training ground today. By himself again. (SkySports)

And there I was thinking Van Dijk had been sent on holiday by the club.

:rolleyes:

Jonny Evans is not better than Lovren. When will people learn that defenders playing for these ale house teams with their backs to wall all game just repeatedly heading the ball away will not translate to dealing with one on ones when the full back goes up the pitch. He's turgid. He might head a few more corners away but he would get caught out a lot more and doesn't have anywhere near the level of distribution of Lovren or Matip.

This

I've just opened a pack of pimientos stuffed with cream cheese, so for the next 5 minutes these obscenely rich, greedy, and immature thundercunts can all go and fuck themselves.

Should just make a bid for De Vrij / Manolas or maybe even a cheaper alternative like Jullien, and get Van Dijk in January or next season. Klavan will probably off next season anyway, and Lovren is hardly unsellable. Not as if we would be overloaded in this position if we get someone else than VVD in in the meantime.

I hope whoever decided at the club it'd be a good idea to run to the press in June announcing VVD had chosen us gets a good slap.

• Upvote 1

Should just make a bid for De Vrij / Manolas or maybe even a cheaper alternative like Jullien, and get Van Dijk in January or next season. Klavan will probably off next season anyway, and Lovren is hardly unsellable. Not as if we would be overloaded in this position if we get someone else than VVD in in the meantime.

He doesn't want them mate!

And (I can't say I am an expert), but my recollection of Manolas and De Vrij are that they are slow? A slow defender in our system would be even worse. 

At one point over the weekend we were the proverbial fox in the hen house, causing all kind of headlines as we bid for players.

Got quite exciting for an hour or so. 

It's not over until the fat lady sings. And I haven't heard Tony's ma singing yet. I am still quietly confident that this will happen. 

So there.

• Upvote 2

He doesn't want them mate!

And (I can't say I am an expert), but my recollection of Manolas and De Vrij are that they are slow? A slow defender in our system would be even worse. 

Manolas and slow should never be in the same sentence. 

Bring no one else in today and Coutinho going, what's the odds ?

If he goes the window is not good, Salah is ace, the deal for Keita is good but not enough. I agree with others that not signing a cab is negligent, getting rid of Sakho in these circumstances seems madness too. Reintegrate him and sell him at a later date.

Leaving it until today to 'try' to get VVD is ridiculous. People a lot more cynical than me might think FSG have been stringing us along all this time.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Can't believe Jullien hasn't been touted around the entire league yet, the kid is quality.

Don't think Klopp would have a problem with a slow centre back anyway, Lovren looks like he's running through treacle most of the time. Don't recall Mats Hummels winning too many sprints in his time at Dortmund either.