Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

Never happening. No one will bid for him because they know it opens the door for us to bid. The fact that we have to rely on that makes this impossible. Other clubs aren't stupid.

Gomez was signed as a CB from Charlton. Sakho's shit his chances with Klopp. Move on.

Move on from what exactly, isn't this a discussion forum?

You trust Klopp, fine, I get that. I think it is mad that we were so reliant on Lucas at CB last year (in and of itself), have let him go, and haven't brought anyone else in. Not using that as a stick to beat anyone with in particular, I'm just not sure what the strategy is.

• Upvote 3

I dont think the defence is as bad as some make out. It's tiresome and as bad as the 'always conceeding at set pieces' guff.

If Klopp wanted anyone else, he'd have got them. Says it all to me.

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

We are 1 injury away from having to potentially play Klavan or Gomez in big matches in the pl and cl.....that can't be good enough.

And that is taking a stance of Lovren is good enough to start with (which i don't agree he is anyway)

• Upvote 1

Err how about no. Seriously, we're that desperate now we have fans considering jonny f*cking Evans...

I know he's a bit older now than when we first looked at him, but if he can do a job at centre back I'd seriously even consider chucking in a late bid for Snoogy Doogy at this point.

Jonno Evans been KILLING it at West Brom. Give the lad another chance at a big club. 

Correct. He is a decent bloody defender FFS, disciplined, vocal and we are beggars that cant be choosers...maybe not the right sounding name...unlike the great Dejan or bloody Sakho...we could do a lot bloody worse...in fact we have already!

I'm not buying into the 'no deal' thing until later tonight.

There will be plenty of bullshit today, loads of it, people can't wait to announce it's been scuppered and will jump the gun all day.

At the end of the day, he's not even training with the first team.  It;'s totally different to Coutinho, he wasn't made to train on his own. 

Jonno Evans been KILLING it at West Brom. Give the lad another chance at a big club.

Its called finding his level. Seriously, Jonny f*cking Evans. Get your head checked.

If we can't get VVD or an alternative, Klopp should just swallow his pride and bring Sakho back in. Going into this season with 3 CBs and Joe Gomez who has played a grand sum of a game and a half there for us is utter lunacy from Klopp.

• Upvote 1

You don't need a decent defence to win things, just score one more than the opposition.

Think Shankly said that, or Paisley, might have been Rinus Michels ?

Keegan (but doing a risible Shankly impression) .