You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

I would suggest that it can't be that obvious as no media have picked up on it. Why would he delete tweets from our fans anyway? And he only has 6 tweets left? So they were all off Chelsea Fans? Fuck me, how obvious is it?

What you on about moron? It's not tweets, who mentioned tweets? It's people commenting on Instagram, Liverpool fans were bombarded his comments but now he has only 6 comments left.

Yes because the bookies know exactly how these are playing out, at one point Van Dijk was 1/8 and Keita was 10/3 to stay. Do you honestly think we're getting him now?

The bookies prices change when people start throwing money at a certain outcome, that's why them prices were so short, they were taking a lot of money. With your 'big news' it would seem that not many people have placed a bet on it because there has been no market change. Do you not know how this works?

As a matter of fact I do think we'll get VVD and I still think we have a chance of Keita too. Just because we don't seem to be after anyone else

Bored with this shit, just fucking sign someone else for fuck sake. We won't though and probably go in with this squad. Excellent. I would sooner have a Root Canal with no anaesthetic than have another window like this. Fingers need pulling out.

Fingers do need pulling out..then arses want kicking for not learning from the last time we got Champions League. We fucked that transfer window up, now 3 years on, what did we learn from that? Fuck all.
  • Upvote 1

I dont think the media or bookies are guaranteed to have a line on everything. Theres always some developments they don't have a clue about until its pretty much happening.

You're right, but the bookies respond to where people are throwing the money. And people throw their money after reading all the shit on twitter and gossip columns. My point was, despite the previous poster saying it was obvious what was happening regarding VVDs best mate, it's not that obvious as there has been no market change.

The bookies prices change when people start throwing money at a certain outcome, that's why them prices were so short, they were taking a lot of money. With your 'big news' it would seem that not many people have placed a bet on it because there has been no market change. Do you not know how this works?

As a matter of fact I do think we'll get VVD and I still think we have a chance of Keita too. Just because we don't seem to be after anyone else

Of course I know how it works. Your a lot more optimistic than most then, probably a bit naive. Why would Van Dijk waste his time waiting for us when we're too shit scared to bid for him when there can be no repercussions when he could just go and sign for the league Champions and for a team that actually knows how to defend. As for Keita I can't see how that's even still being talked about, just because there's no one else being mentioned means fuck all at this stage, it just means we haven't been thick enough to tell the world we're signing them and get our wrists slapped. By the way I really do hope your right because if we go into the season with this squad we'll getter dumped out at the group stage if we get there and finish about 6th in the league because our squad will be decimated by injuries. We are literally a proper injury to Coutinho away from having that zero creativity midfield from Saturday and another injury away from a Lovren/Gomez and Klavan partnership, worse still Robertson and Milner could have knocks at the same time and Moreno has to start.

• Upvote 1

You're right, but the bookies respond to where people are throwing the money. And people throw their money after reading all the shit on twitter and gossip columns. My point was, despite the previous poster saying it was obvious what was happening regarding VVDs best mate, it's not that obvious as there has been no market change.

To be fair I think the to Chelsea stuff based on Instagram is bollox too

You have to admit mate that it's a bit suspicious at least that Van Dijk was in London earlier on in the week and his best mate who literally goes everywhere with him was in a box at Wembley today, supposedly as a guest of Chelsea, he may not have been a guest that's just what I've read. The caption had some cryptic shit on there about we all make mistakes.

The reason van Dijk was prepared to sign for us instead of city or chelsea was reported to be that he bought into what klopp was saying about Liverpool and working with him.

Course there could also be a bit of not wanting to be the smaller fish if he jumped into the city or chelsea pond instead of being a bigger fish in Liverpool's.

3 years on, what did we learn from that? Fuck all.

Who's "we"?

FSG's desire for easy money is completely at odds with with our (the supporters) desire for trophies. So FSG have learnt, 3 years on, to just pocket the cash, and as they have full control of the club they are the "we" in this scenario.

Of course I know how it works. Your a lot more optimistic than most then, probably a bit naive. Why would Van Dijk waste his time waiting for us when we're too shit scared to bid for him when there can be no repercussions when he could just go and sign for the league Champions and for a team that actually knows how to defend. As for Keita I can't see how that's even still being talked about, just because there's no one else being mentioned means fuck all at this stage, it just means we haven't been thick enough to tell the world we're signing them and get our wrists slapped. By the way I really do hope your right because if we go into the season with this squad we'll getter dumped out at the group stage if we get there and finish about 6th in the league because our squad will be decimated by injuries. We are literally a proper injury to Coutinho away from having that zero creativity midfield from Saturday and another injury away from a Lovren/Gomez and Klavan partnership, worse still Robertson and Milner could have knocks at the same time and Moreno has to start.

If you know how it works why did you question how the bookies arrived at the short prices on them?

Why am I naive for thinking VVD will come. Because it doesn't fit your negative narrative? If you want to patronise me for having a different opinion, go ahead. Im just fed up with the negativity in here recently, people losing there heads over something on Twitter or wherever like it's true. No one knows what's actually happened/happening over VVD, no one. Yet everyone speaks about it like they know everything. Your post being a prime example, post about VVD being a guest (no pics) about his best mate and Twitter, then reacting to it like he's already A Chelsea player. I would prefer to save my negativity and doom and gloom until, y'know, the window actually closes.

If you know how it works why did you question how the bookies arrived at the short prices on them?

Why am I naive for thinking VVD will come. Because it doesn't fit your negative narrative? If you want to patronise me for having a different opinion, go ahead. Im just fed up with the negativity in here recently, people losing there heads over something on Twitter or wherever like it's true. No one knows what's actually happened/happening over VVD, no one. Yet everyone speaks about it like they know everything. Your post being a prime example, post about VVD being a guest (no pics) about his best mate and Twitter, then reacting to it like he's already A Chelsea player. I would prefer to save my negativity and doom and gloom until, y'know, the window actually closes.

Yeah Im firmly in the negative camp about how things have gone. But I dont think his mate posting on Instagram has much relevance. Could be wrong mind you.

Yeah Im firmly in the negative camp about how things have gone. But I dont think his mate posting on Instagram has much relevance. Could be wrong mind you.

Mate, I'm in the negative camp too, because we needed signings weeks ago, but if you can't get them then, and have to wait, thats what you have to do. But my negativity isn't gonna start burning my head out until the window shuts. I refuse to believe that we go bollocks deep for 2 players and not have anyone else to fall back on. My thinking is, there's a reason for that. I maybe wrong and it's really bad mis management, I also refuse to believe a Manager of Klopps standing would let that happen.

Why do you think we're getting him? Because someone on twitter or a journalist has said he prefers us? He sure has hell hasn't come out and said it so your doing the same thing. Can you honestly blame anyone for being negativity if if was the first, second or even third time this has happened then yea it's just unfortunate but we keep on making a mess of transfers to the point we are a laughing stock. I posted the pic of his mate at Wembley.

Who's "we"?

FSG's desire for easy money is completely at odds with with our (the supporters) desire for trophies. So FSG have learnt, 3 years on, to just pocket the cash, and as they have full control of the club they are the "we" in this scenario.

Fucks sake.

When is the penny going to drop with people??? It's Klopp, not FSG. You have to have a manager that wants to buy players.

We didn't sign a left back last summer after being told this was number 1 priority before the window opened. Are you honestly telling me this was because of FSG?

11 days left on the transfer window and we've not moved on from Keita and VVD.

Absolute fucking madness.

The worst thing in all this is that VVD and Keita are not enough.

We still have a weak as fuck squad even with those 2.

We need at least 5 more quality signings in total.

The team selection on Saturday shows how little Klopp has been proactive in the transfer market since he's been here and how poorly he's bought when he's dipped into it.

If Klaven and Sturridge are the other options (as well as our shite midfield), then this season is going to be a very painful watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why do you think we're getting him? Because someone on twitter or a journalist has said he prefers us? He sure has hell hasn't come out and said it so your doing the same thing. Can you honestly blame anyone for being negativity if if was the first, second or even third time this has happened then yea it's just unfortunate but we keep on making a mess of transfers to the point we are a laughing stock. I posted the pic of his mate at Wembley.

He wants to leave. We have obviously been in contact him. He's still at Soton. He's been training away from the rest of the team to force a move. They're all facts mate.

Also, some media outlets are more reputable. Not VVDs mates twitter account

He wants to leave. We have obviously been in contact him. He's still at Soton. He's been training away from the rest of the team to force a move. They're all facts mate.

Also, some media outlets are more reputable. Not VVDs mates twitter account

All them facts still apply if your saying he's going to Chelsea, nothing there is Liverpool specific. I'm more inclined to believe his best friend over media outlets that push whatever agenda they fancy that day. I know his mate hasn't come out and said he's going to Chelsea it just looks very dodgy when you put the last week all together with their whereabouts. Like I said I hope I'm wrong and your right I really do and I'm not into arguing over the internet with random people, I just personally can't see it now because of our incompetence. If Chelsea want him they'll move quickly and he'll be there by the end of the week. It was a miracle that Klopp got him to agree to come here in the first place over Chelsea and Man City so for him to change his mind and think fuck it Liverpool ain't worth this is quite feasible really.

Fucks sake.

When is the penny going to drop with people??? It's Klopp, not FSG. You have to have a manager that wants to buy players.

We didn't sign a left back last summer after being told this was number 1 priority before the window opened. Are you honestly telling me this was because of FSG?

11 days left on the transfer window and we've not moved on from Keita and VVD.

Absolute fucking madness.

Who are you trying to kid? Yourself?

There's rarely, if ever, a football manager that didn't want to improve his side and squad.

Every manager has his first choices for signings but won't always get them, and at most normal clubs there will be a team of scouts who will come up with alternatives.

If Klopp disagrees with Edwards about the alternatives that is as much FSG's fault as a lack of funds would be.

It's clear that whatever realistic way this lack of transfer activity gets painted, be it the set-up of the club/Edwards role/the transfer committee or it's the owners pocketing the cash, whatever way it's FSG'S fault.

I've no doubt people will turn on Klopp, they'll say he's picking the wrong team, the wrong tactics, not working on the defence etc, but very very few will say he simply didn't want to sign players. That suggestion is laughable and you're embarrassing yourself.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1