You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

Fuck them, the deluded scummers

I don't believe for 1 second that they won't sell to us because we've hurt their feelings or some such nonsense.

They want more cash which is totally within their rights

These people are hard nosed business types who are not in the habit of turning down extra cash as their feelings have been hurt. Total nonsense.

They want an auction situation with us, the Chavs and anybdy else willing to give their ludicrous valuation the time of dfay

In a word, this. It's just business. They are actually in a win \ win situation here. Screw us for big money, get a massive profit on a player and get him out of their club having been seen to take the moral high ground.

Alternatively, keep the player for a year in which time they probably wont get as high a fee and have him barracked by the home support every game. All to prove some point? Yeah ok.

Fuck them, the deluded scummers

I don't believe for 1 second that they won't sell to us because we've hurt their feelings or some such nonsense.

They want more cash which is totally within their rights

These people are hard nosed business types who are not in the habit of turning down extra cash as their feelings have been hurt. Total nonsense.

They want an auction situation with us, the Chavs and anybdy else willing to give their ludicrous valuation the time of dfay

Well i believe there is a principle that they clearly have the nark with us over because of something we have done - it isn't normal for a club to get nark this badly and our behaviour in the whole thing is weird too....the apology, withdrawal of interest, not bidding again....

It is a clusterfuck brought about by the behaviour of our club and you know what if Southamoton are making a stance good for them about time somebody in this cesspit of a game did....shame it will probably make no difference as the cesspit has become too bad now.

Southampton are displaying Evertonian levels of bitterness toward us this summer. Irrelevant twats.

If Barcelona signed Coutinho this season and then came back for Mane and Firmino next season (forcing them to hand in a transfer request and refusing to play for us in the process) how do you think the majority of our fans would act?

I hate Barcelona anyway. I've hated them ever since they told Mascherano to sit on the sidelines to get his move. That's one occasion. We've forced three of their players to hand in a transfer request. Stole Clyne for virtually nothing and also signed the best player they've produced in ages (Mane).

If i was them i'd hate us too. We've acted disgracefully and collectively we should be ashamed of our board for behaving in such a manner. The ire should be directed towards them, not Southampton or their fans. 

• Upvote 3

Southampton also talked Lallana via his parents into leaving AFC Bournemouth's academy and they ended up paying a total of £18000 to bournemouth in 3 installments.

We paid southampton £25m for him and bournemouth had a 25% sell on fee. Southampton only paid bournemouth an additional £4m after southampton 'negotiated' the amount down.

But hey, we're the biggest cunts in football if you listen to some fans.

• Upvote 1

If Barcelona signed Coutinho this season and then came back for Mane and Firmino next season (forcing them to hand in a transfer request and refusing to play for us in the process) how do you think the majority of our fans would act?

I hate Barcelona anyway. I've hated them ever since they told Mascherano to sit on the sidelines to get his move. That's one occasion. We've forced three of their players to hand in a transfer request. Stole Clyne for virtually nothing and also signed the best player they've produced in ages (Mane).

If i was them i'd hate us too. We've acted disgracefully and collectively we should be ashamed of our board for behaving in such a manner. The ire should be directed towards them, not Southampton or their fans. 

Fucking Hell

The only way we've acted disgracefully is to mess up the transfer

We've also been a disgrace in that we haven't won anything in 10 years

I don't give a fuck about Southampton and their whiny fans...I'm only interested in us winning 

If you love them so much you should go and live down there and fucking marry them