You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

6 hours ago, aws said:

I take your point but luckily CB is probably the only position where you can lose a little bit of pace and still be top class. I bet Virgil only sprints a couple of times most games.  Anyway fingers crossed. 

It's not just about pace though is it, although pace is clearly important. It'll be how he deals with the injury mentally. How it feels. What's going through his head when he goes in for big tackles. 

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I had some news flash thing come up on my phone today which said something like "Dutch coach claims vvd back in 8 eeeks". I accidentally deleted the message and the. Couldn't find the story. Anyone else see it? That would give him a target of maybe the last or last 2 games of the season. 

Someone posted something similar on here a few days ago.  It didn't say much more than what you've said. It seems a bit irresponsible if the coach did say that but you never know.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I think the rehab is so good these days that Virgil will be absolutely fine and completely regain his level. Just off top of my head players like Sane, Ings, Calum Wilson, Laporte, Depay, Ibrahimovic all regained top level form and in some cases surpassed previous standards. Even pereira at Leicester looks as good as new to me and he’s a small agile player. 

The likes of Shearer, Van Nistlerooy, Xavi and Pires all came back and played at an elite level, and the technology and understanding of the injury will have improved since those days too. 

On 22/03/2021 at 19:09, 3 Stacks said:

Yep. Although, I think it's obvious we're signing Kabak because he'll be relatively cheap and will have had half a season to get acclimated. That's why I don't really understand the Konate stuff and the other CB links for this summer.

The neg is harsh as I agree with the post, but I can’t abide the word “acclimated”. It’s acclimatised to me, and it’s an irrational irritation to me whenever watching or listening to American sports.

• Upvote 1

On 23/03/2021 at 17:56, Razoray said:

The year, on that awful day, Hansen lined up in the semi final after being out for 9 months. He was injured pre-season and only played a reserve game the week of the semi final. Different times but it is possible 

Hansen retired within about 18 months of that day too.

14 hours ago, ManéMan said:

That 8 weeks sounds very specific, almost like its something that wasn't to be revealed. The time line would have him back training with the first team in about 5 weeks, the set backs he refers to must be after he joins up with the lads, he's hardly likely to damage anything in his current routine. 

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

That 8 weeks sounds very specific, almost like its something that wasn't to be revealed. The time line would have him back training with the first team in about 5 weeks, the set backs he refers to must be after he joins up with the lads, he's hardly likely to damage anything in his current routine. 

Some Dr. on YouTube calculated 8 weeks based on how far through the standard recovery protocol he was (seen in social media posts).  So doubt it's much of a secret.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Code said:

Not seen any pictures of Van Dijk for weeks now, whats his status?

We are three days away from him being out for six months now. 

Im guessing the club have slowed down the release of news on his progress what with all the fuss about him possibly being fit for the Euros?

1 hour ago, Code said:

Not seen any pictures of Van Dijk for weeks now, whats his status?

We are three days away from him being out for six months now. 

They're saving them for tomorrow when we get knocked out and need pacifying before we kick off at FSG for being tight cunts again. 

I reckon his absence and how we've done proves that he is our most important player. We badly miss Henderson when he's out as well and obviously Alisson but without VVD we have just been 'very good also rans' pretty much like we were before we signed him. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I reckon his absence and how we've done proves that he is our most important player. We badly miss Henderson when he's out as well and obviously Alisson but without VVD we have just been 'very good also rans' pretty much like we were before we signed him. 

At least we could fucking score for fun back then though!