You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

How can it be incompetence and not corruption. Its impossible to be incompetent when you are watching and rewatching a replay of the incident and you have working eyeballs but then be the only person on the planet that thinks differently. David Coote cheated us out of points. One incident is bad enough but 3 in the same game! 100 percent he gives that goal if it was the other way. He fucked up last time we played and Robertson publicly embarrassed him so he got his own back in my opinion. He should be sacked.

Should of been a red card and a pen, it wasn't off side and neither was Mane.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How can it be incompetence and not corruption. Its impossible to be incompetent when you are watching and rewatching a replay of the incident and you have working eyeballs but then be the only person on the planet that thinks differently. David Coote cheated us out of points. One incident is bad enough but 3 in the same game! 100 percent he gives that goal if it was the other way. He fucked up last time we played and Robertson publicly embarrassed him so he got his own back in my opinion. He should be sacked.

If it was offside it couldn't have been a penalty,no? Red card? Yes,but not a penalty? Or have the laws changed again as I simply can't keep up with what they keep fiddling with?

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Virgil was down down for over 3 minutes. The offside took less than half that time. Plus he has an assistant in VAR and a ref and 3 other officials on the mic with nothing to do for 3 minutes. 

44 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I'm just not buying this bullshit its obviously an attempt to hide the blatant cheating going on here , I drive for a living it's the equivalent of me not knowing that doing 35 mph past a school at ten to nine on a school day isn't breaking the law .

If he really didn't know then he should be dismissed instantly for not being Upto the job , the more they leak this shite the more I'm believing this twat is bent .

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’m supportive of the strategy of buying PL proven players, but Coady would be a defensive midfielder in our system, not a centre half. From all the interviews I’ve seen of Coady he seems a nice, cordial, level-headed guy, what do you know that we don’t @The Guest?

He was on MNF with Carragher and come across like a knobhead.  He’s also behaved like a complete cunt when we played them despite the fact he’s meant to be a red and the club brought him through.  I expect him to give 110% for any side he plays for but the way he was behaving when he played against us was way beyond that.  It was like he was on a personal mission to stop us winning the league.  Fuck him.

Just now, Moo said:

Why aren't we asking about where the Mane "offside" line was drawn? Because it was nowhere near Mane. All I keep reading about is margin for error and when the ball left Thiago's foot

They have asked them about that.  They’re just going to brush it off.  As has been said before I think the writing to the FA is to keep this cunt away from our games in future or at least to put him under pressure to not be so biased if he does ref us again.  If we got him in the next month and he pulled stunts like this again it could be the end of him in the premier league.

16 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’m supportive of the strategy of buying PL proven players, but Coady would be a defensive midfielder in our system, not a centre half. From all the interviews I’ve seen of Coady he seems a nice, cordial, level-headed guy, what do you know that we don’t @The Guest?

He couldn’t cut it in midfield last time. But I know what you mean. I always thought he was ok though?

Why hasn’t that shit cunt Pickford made a public apology for his disgraceful tackle putting a fellow pro out of the game for a minimum of 6 months? I know it’s been reported that he apologised to Hendo, but you’d think he could have put something out on social media.

If he’d rightly been sent off and they had gone on to lose the game, he’d probably be finished at Everton as there would be no coming back from that for both Ancelotti and the fans. As it is he’s got away with it and for some of their more rabid lot probably earned some brownie points. 

35 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Why hasn’t that shit cunt Pickford made a public apology for his disgraceful tackle putting a fellow pro out of the game for a minimum of 6 months? I know it’s been reported that he apologised to Hendo, but you’d think he could have put something out on social media.

If he’d rightly been sent off and they had gone on to lose the game, he’d probably be finished at Everton as there would be no coming back from that for both Ancelotti and the fans. As it is he’s got away with it and for some of their more rabid lot probably earned some brownie points. 

Because public apologies on social media mean the square root of fuck all?

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Probably because both Virge and Sadio told him where to shove his apology on the pitch at the time?

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If it was offside it couldn't have been a penalty,no? Red card? Yes,but not a penalty? Or have the laws changed again as I simply can't keep up with what they keep fiddling with?

you're right. there could be no pen as the game is effectively stopped once the offside is awarded. anything that happens after that with regards the tackle then comes under violent conduct. 

as for the offside, do the match officials play no part at all? so the frame gets frozen by computer and then all the lines drawn by computer? it seems from what i have heard over the last couple of days that is not the case that coote both chose the frame and drew the lines (or he marks what he deems as the furthest forward point and the computer does some weird centre of gravity thing). it is actually the lines which piss me off most of all of it with the offside. in the vvd incident he has drawn our line from vvd's elbow, except elbows can't be offside. with the mane incident the blue line goes through both the foot of Mina and the arse of keane and there is daylight to mane! and then there's this arbitrary red line showing fuck knows what! 

Just banter, innit, mate?

A series of tweets and an online book set up to send 'messages of support' to the injured Virgil van Dijk has been taken down after rival fans mercilessly mocked the campaign.

It was announced on Sunday that the Dutchman would miss most of of the season after he suffered an ACL injury following a knee-high lunge from Jordan Pickford in Saturday's Merseyside derby.

Following the news that Liverpool would be without their talismanic defender for a while, an online forum was set up by the Liverpool Echo so that fans could 'leave words of support' for the 29-year-old.

On Monday evening, the Merseyside-based publication tweeted: 'One day, we will watch him defend and watch him score once again - but in the meantime, leave your words of support,' before leaving a link to an online book where fans could write their messages.

The Liverpool Echo's tweet was accompanied by a black-and-white image of Van Dijk, along with the caption of 'send a message to Virgil'.

The initial tweet and website have since been taken down after rival fans, unsurprisingly, ridiculed the post, which led to 'RIP Virgil' to trend on Twitter in the UK.

Fans have laughed at the publication's efforts to show support, leaving many to jokingly question if the defender had fatally suffered a much more serious injury.

'RIP VVD. Can’t believe you died playing football. Pickford should be in jail. This is truly heartbreaking. What a senseless waste of life,' one Twitter user said.

Another joked: 'Sending my condolences on the passing of VVD #RIP.'

One fan described the campaign as 'the most pathetic thing I've ever seen'.

While injuries such as Van Dijk's have a negative impact on the player, club and fanbase, they are not uncommon, which has prompted rival supporters to mock the emotional response.

The post comes less than 24 hours after it was announced that Pickford would controversially avoid a retrospective ban from the Football Association for his reckless lunge as it was seen by referee Michael Oliver during the match.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8858763/Rival-fans-mock-tweet-online-condolence-book-collecting-messages-support-Virgil-van-Dijk.html

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

you're right. there could be no pen as the game is effectively stopped once the offside is awarded. anything that happens after that with regards the tackle then comes under violent conduct. 

as for the offside, do the match officials play no part at all? so the frame gets frozen by computer and then all the lines drawn by computer? it seems from what i have heard over the last couple of days that is not the case that coote both chose the frame and drew the lines (or he marks what he deems as the furthest forward point and the computer does some weird centre of gravity thing). it is actually the lines which piss me off most of all of it with the offside. in the vvd incident he has drawn our line from vvd's elbow, except elbows can't be offside. with the mane incident the blue line goes through both the foot of Mina and the arse of keane and there is daylight to mane! and then there's this arbitrary red line showing fuck knows what! 

An explanation of the process  and the new rules here. 

• Upvote 1

They can hide behind 'the laws' of the game all they want (and they will).

I hate it but there are nuances here. There's a world of difference between the ball being 'dead' and the ref blowing the whistle to signal the halting (and starting) of play and the two events being separated by a noticable period of time.

With the van Dijk pickford situation, there's almost no appreciable time difference between the events. In any case, both players are committed in their movement and neither can change or avoid what's obviously coming next. How many times have we said recently a player is going to get injured with linos told to keep their flag down and let VAR decide the offside? Well here's a case in point!

It is inconceivable, in my opinion, that lawmakers are not aware of this possibility. Sometimes, you can see fouls coming before they happen. Refs still blow and award the foul even though the actual moment of contact is a split second after he blows.

It's just plain, unadulterated bollocks saying he's offside so a potentially career ending leg breaking or ACL foul can go unpunished. The Mane offside would be a major talking point were it not for the disgrace that nearly ended Virgil's career.

PGMOL argues just to defend it's own incompetence. The FA hides behind all kinds of shit because it doesnt want to say no, fuck that, we cannot open that can of worms. Meanwhile VAR and Virgil carry the can.