You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

All I've seen on social media and listened to on the radio is how we need to move on. Its done, its a contact sport, get on with it. Bla, bla. Fuck that.

I wont be getting on with it. I certainly won't be forgetting about it.

I'm probably more fuming now than I was on Saturday. By the weekend I'll just be a purple expletive and a pair of shoes with some smoke seeping out where a human used to be.

Wankers

Every Ev fan at work reckoned he was going for the ball and not Virgil.
Maybe I’ve missed this somewhere but aren’t goalkeepers allowed to dive for the ball with their hands?
Like what Clemence and Southall used to do?

Makes you wonder why T Rex went knee high at Virgil doesn’t it.

16 minutes ago, Red Banjo said:

This made me laugh on twitter just then tho. Jonny Concrete here is gonna sort Pickford out lads, so call off the dogs.

20201019_184132.jpg

Be great if Seanie Boy there went for him in the street, Pickford batters him and gets locked up for 2 years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

Every Ev fan at work reckoned he was going for the ball and not Virgil.
Maybe I’ve missed this somewhere but aren’t goalkeepers allowed to dive for the ball with their hands?
Like what Clemence and Southall used to do?

Makes you wonder why T Rex went knee high at Virgil doesn’t it.

Well the fucking nobheads need to join coote in a trip to specsavers. He's nowhere near the ball which isnt surprising because he's not even looking in the direction that it is in!

But yeah, pickford was 'going for the ball' just like Virgil wasnt, according them them, when he committed 2 fouls on their players beforehand.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Well the fucking nobheads need to join coote in a trip to specsavers. He's nowhere near the ball which isnt surprising because he's not even looking in the direction that it is in!

But yeah, pickford was 'going for the ball' just like Virgil wasnt, according them them, when he committed 2 fouls on their players beforehand.

I've had that from a bitter. Reckons VVD should have been sent off before the incident. So do I with hindsight !

I'm not bothered about Pickford, it's the FA and PMGOL I'm concerned about. 

This isn't good enough, and they ought to be very careful which big club they piss off at the moment if Project Big Picture happens, because we'll have refs shipped-in from abroad and accountable directly to UEFA to eradicate all notion of bias. 

It defies belief how they are operating, and the government will do nothing to regulate them, same old story, and we're fucking tired of it.    

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm not bothered about Pickford, it's the FA and PMGOL I'm concerned about. 

This isn't good enough, and they ought to be very careful which big club they piss off at the moment if Project Big Picture happens, because we'll have refs shipped-in from abroad and accountable directly to UEFA to eradicate all notion of bias. 

It defies belief how they are operating, and the government will do nothing to regulate them, same old story, and we're fucking tired of it.    

I'm not at all arsed about the FA, their rule has been there for years and if PGMOL do their job properly, this issue from today shouldn't be an issue. The ref on the pitch had a chance to see the incident. The lino waved his flag and saw it - but seemed to deem it not significant enough to raise with Oliver. The VAR ref saw it and deemed it not a red card offence, despite having as much time as he wanted and as many different angles as he wanted. You can't blame the fa for not wanting to re-referee a game that has effectively been reffed 3 times already. But something is seriously wrong with the match officials if after 3 bites of the cherry they still don't get it. It is literally the easiest red card you will ever get to give. 

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not at all arsed about the FA, their rule has been there for years and if PGMOL do their job properly, this issue from today shouldn't be an issue. The ref on the pitch had a chance to see the incident. The lino waved his flag and saw it - but seemed to deem it not significant enough to raise with Oliver. The VAR ref saw it and deemed it not a red card offence, despite having as much time as he wanted and as many different angles as he wanted. You can't blame the fa for not wanting to re-referee a game that has effectively been reffed 3 times already. But something is seriously wrong with the match officials if after 3 bites of the cherry they still don't get it. It is literally the easiest red card you will ever get to give. 

This. The FA can't really do anything as it's up to the officials to do the job and they failed spectacularly.

For them to escape without any kind of sanction is genuinely scandalous.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dave u said:

This. The FA can't really do anything as it's up to the officials to do the job and they failed spectacularly.

For them to escape without any kind of sanction is genuinely scandalous.

I've said over the weekend Coote should be fired, anybody who sees that and their first thought is not a red is in the wrong job, every single angle I've seen at every single speed it's just a cunts challenge. If I was running the PGMOL I would also want to know what was said between the lino and Oliver and why they haven't solved this problem without Coote. But without doubt, the biggest issue is the guy in stockley park. He should never be allowed to ref a game again. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've said over the weekend Coote should be fired, anybody who sees that and their first thought is not a red is in the wrong job, every single angle I've seen at every single speed it's just a cunts challenge. If I was running the PGMOL I would also want to know what was said between the lino and Oliver and why they haven't solved this problem without Coote. But without doubt, the biggest issue is the guy in stockley park. He should never be allowed to ref a game again. 

I don't see how anyone can disagree with a word of that. It seems obvious to me that he needs firing as that one incident alone was so bad he just shouldn't ever be allowed to be in that position ever again as he's not fit to do the job.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Fuck that. He's literally the last centre back in the league I'd want. He'd get ruined playing a high line in a back four.

We'd have to go three at the back, or play him at DM, which defeats the point.  He'd bring vocal leadership, which is no small thing.  Would also be good for playing it out long from the back as he's a very good long passer, but with Thiago in he shouldn't need to.  The lack of pace is what makes it a non-starter though.

Fucking incredible an 'elite' referee didnt know?

The VAR in charge of Saturday's controversial Merseyside derby did not check for a red card for Jordan Pickford after forgetting rules state he could review the incident despite the offside in the build-up.

Liverpool are livid after Pickford's potential season-ending challenge on Virgil van Dijk went unpunished with David Coote, the official overseeing proceedings at Stockley Park, failing to look at whether Everton's goalkeeper should be dismissed.

Remarkably, Sportsmail has been told Coote thought the offside — which he checked forensically — nullified what happened afterwards.

Liverpool, who drew the game 2-2, are demanding urgent clarification on the PGMOL's handling of the incident. Senior sources at Anfield claim the Premier League are more interested in briefing their version of events — which they also allege keeps changing — than talking with the club.

Liverpool insiders say they were told on Saturday that Coote was 'too distracted' by the offside check and therefore did not look at the possible red card for Pickford. 

PGMOL boss Mike Riley then spoke to the club on Sunday, claiming that the match officials did review the challenge and deemed it not to be a red.

Liverpool's captain Jordan Henderson then saw a late winner ruled out for offside, after Sadio Mane was judged to be off following a pass by Thiago Alcantara.

The PGMOL say they are bound by the camera technology available to them. The current set-up operates at 50 frames per second, meaning a picture is taken every 0.02 seconds.

This is not advanced enough to determine the exact moment a through-ball is played. It means clubs have to accept a margin of error and, given Mane was ruled offside by a matter of millimetres, can lead to controversial decisions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8856615/Merseyside-derby-video-referee-didnt-know-Jordan-Pickford-red-card.html

50 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking incredible an 'elite' referee didnt know?

The VAR in charge of Saturday's controversial Merseyside derby did not check for a red card for Jordan Pickford after forgetting rules state he could review the incident despite the offside in the build-up.

Liverpool are livid after Pickford's potential season-ending challenge on Virgil van Dijk went unpunished with David Coote, the official overseeing proceedings at Stockley Park, failing to look at whether Everton's goalkeeper should be dismissed.

Remarkably, Sportsmail has been told Coote thought the offside — which he checked forensically — nullified what happened afterwards.

Liverpool, who drew the game 2-2, are demanding urgent clarification on the PGMOL's handling of the incident. Senior sources at Anfield claim the Premier League are more interested in briefing their version of events — which they also allege keeps changing — than talking with the club.

Liverpool insiders say they were told on Saturday that Coote was 'too distracted' by the offside check and therefore did not look at the possible red card for Pickford. 

PGMOL boss Mike Riley then spoke to the club on Sunday, claiming that the match officials did review the challenge and deemed it not to be a red.

Liverpool's captain Jordan Henderson then saw a late winner ruled out for offside, after Sadio Mane was judged to be off following a pass by Thiago Alcantara.

The PGMOL say they are bound by the camera technology available to them. The current set-up operates at 50 frames per second, meaning a picture is taken every 0.02 seconds.

This is not advanced enough to determine the exact moment a through-ball is played. It means clubs have to accept a margin of error and, given Mane was ruled offside by a matter of millimetres, can lead to controversial decisions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8856615/Merseyside-derby-video-referee-didnt-know-Jordan-Pickford-red-card.html

If we were as incompetent in our jobs.....