You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

31 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He did commit two fouls from behind - not sure that counts as clattered but they were called.

The first one with Rodriguez the player ran into VVD! Then went down like he'd been shot for two reasons. One VVD stood his ground and is a mountain and two he is a cheating little shitbag 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The first one with Rodriguez the player ran into VVD! Then went down like he'd been shot for two reasons. One VVD stood his ground and is a mountain and two he is a cheating little shitbag 

I would need to see it again but I'm not even sure that 2nd was a foul.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Fucking hell...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54601721

Scott free..nobody in authority thinks this should have been punished at the time or after.

Staggering.

Only VAR check i saw was labelled as for offside.

Expected that. Our letter was surely more about keeping Coote away from our games.

15 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Isn't that an old quote that some other manager said about a different player?

Imagine going to prison and your wife says "I'll cope. I'll drop Fabinho back there to fill in until you return."

Fabinho’s doesn’t need to go out for a dirty burger - he’s got prime steak at home.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Did'unt Zlatan Ibrahimović  come back from ACL after a month?

Think he was out 7 months. From my undersranding of articles I've read technology seems to be making recovery easier and shorter for players.

I would say Virgil is similar to Zlatan in that he is a very physically powerful player so I've no doubt his recovery will be very good also. 

Not arsed whether Pickford plays again this season; he's shite and I'm pleased Ancelotti has to persist with him a while longer instead of having an excuse not to pick the liability.

Fucking ridiculous that once again the PGMOL has done its traditional "our lads saw it at the time and our lads are never wrong when they see stuff so nothing to see here" act, though. Wish my work was as self-accountable as that.

Hopefully as someone said above, our "seeking of clarification" is as much about not letting that VAR ref within 200 miles of our games: whether he's a biased manc, got a chip on his shoulder after Robbo and Klopp tore into him after the Burnley game, or just plain old incompetent, it's my sincere wish that I never see his name come up in relation to LFC again.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Was reading a piece today, Pierce I think, he was saying about how Virg played through pain. Said he carried on playing and never missed a game whilst having 2 broken ribs!! Ouch. Fuck that! 

His performances have dropped off a bit in the last few months. A long rest will allow his whole body to heal and hopefully he can come back in peak 18/19 season form. 

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

Not arsed whether Pickford plays again this season; he's shite and I'm pleased Ancelotti has to persist with him a while longer instead of having an excuse not to pick the liability.

I bet privately Ancelotti was hoping Pickford would get banned as it would give him the perfect reason to drop him. 

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I bet privately Ancelotti was hoping Pickford would get banned as it would give him the perfect reason to drop him. 

The Italians know great players in every position but boy do they know great goalkeepers and defenders. 

Taking aside my fury about what he did to Virgil, the incident showed why he is such a poor goalkeeper with incredibly poor decision making skills. He should have been sent off with his team 1-0 down and it wasn't like it was a clear cut scoring opportunity for Virgil (I doubt he would have called it being offside). He does that in a EC quarter final against Holland or Germany and England are up shit creek as they would be 1-0 down with ten men. I don't care about England but if Southgate has any intelligence, this ends his England career. Not exactly any Shiltons or Clemences out there, but Pope, Ramsdale and Henderson are superior to this dangerous stupid knobhead.

• Upvote 2

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

Fuck, yeah I would be. I mean, dropping him for no reason would be a complete non-starter as his tantrum would be so wild you'd see it from the Wirral, but if he's out the team on a suspension, it's a nice opportunity to give Olsen a run out and if he doesn't do anything to warrant being dropped again...

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

The Italians know great players in every position but boy do they know great goalkeepers and defenders. 

Taking aside my fury about what he did to Virgil, the incident showed why he is such a poor goalkeeper with incredibly poor decision making skills. He should have been sent off with his team 1-0 down and it wasn't like it was a clear cut scoring opportunity for Virgil (I doubt he would have called it being offside). He does that in a EC quarter final against Holland or Germany and England are up shit creek as they would be 1-0 down with ten men. I don't care about England but if Southgate has any intelligence, this ends his England career. Not exactly any Shiltons or Clemences out there, but Pope, Ramsdale and Henderson are superior to this dangerous stupid knobhead.

I hope he carries on playing for England and fucks up on an even bigger scale so he can feel the wrath of the whole country. 

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I hope he carries on playing for England and fucks up on an even bigger scale so he can feel the wrath of the whole country. 

No problem him playing for England. Good luck to him playing for them because I just like seeing Trent or Hendo back safe and sound from tournaments and having that gobshite in goal makes it happen a bit sooner.

As much as I hate the fucker, I don't want to be joined in hating him by EDL loving, Brexit supporting knobs from Burnley or Tory loving daily mail reading beauts from Reading. He's my punchbag in the gym not theres. Let them turn on a nice lad like Rashford when he misses a peno against Italy. That's more their style.