You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

21 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

Richarlison was sent after the whistle had been blown.

I'd bin VAR but if it is to stay then we must go back to officials refereeing the game as they used to with the guy in the truck stepping in only when there has been a clear and obvious error. Even then they should refer the ref to a screen so he can be seen to be the guy making the decision.

Mike Riley is still the MD of referee training so there is no chance of any improvement in officiating any time in the immediate future. An absolute shitstain of a referee and how the fuck can he train others?

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I remember saying in game that with Adrian in goal we'd have to score at least three to win and that applies to almost every game from now until at least Alisson is fit.

One more league game with Adrian and Alisson is back.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

did you expect anything else? seems pretty standard. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Borini has to be the most pointless player. He’s Sunday league with a good agent. He’s never been a success anywhere and I can’t even imagine who’d look at him and think ‘he could do a job’

what is more frightening is Rodgers had actually worked with him before and thought he was the answer to our problems. 

13 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

Why do Managers and Players get sent off after the final whistle then?  The ball isnt in play

The rules change dependant on who's involved and if they can be arsed obviously. It was clear as day they'd go down this route because they can stand behind the corrupt wanker who made the call, and be guilt free because there was a VAR review for the offside.

In their eyes the incident was looked at. 

18 minutes ago, Red Banjo said:

The rules change dependant on who's involved and if they can be arsed obviously. It was clear as day they'd go down this route because they can stand behind the corrupt wanker who made the call, and be guilt free because there was a VAR review for the offside.

In their eyes the incident was looked at. 

It saves them having to get together to do some work and earn their exorbitant salaries. Panels are hard work and it would have gotten in the way of them doing fuck all all day.

Pickford plays for England so there was no chance of him getting done. Shearer got away with murder for years as did Rooney, Kane falls over and gets a foul, there is a pattern there without a doubt, also as you boys have been saying, the bastards are never going to admit that they got it wrong. I’ve been going on about biased and incompetent referees for years now and I thought that Var would make things better but the corrupt cunts are using it to their advantage. After sixty odd years of watching football I shall stick to watching us in Europe only from now on. The English league is fucked, they should be championing the exiting and sporting way that we play instead of screwing us at every turn, fuck them I’m  finished with it.

20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It beggars belief that players have carte blanche to cripple opponents just because the ball is deemed to not be in play. Meanwhile cuffing an opponent gently around the ear will get you a 3 match ban. The rules aren't fit for purpose.

where has this idea come from he didn't get a red because the game had stopped? It simply isn't true. The red that was given was after the game had stopped for a preceding foul on Mane. Pickford wasn't sent off because Oliver didn't see it and because Coote deemed it not worthy of a red card. The only thing that changes because the whistle goes is the type of offence. As I posted earlier, it is "serious foul play" when the game is in progress and "violent conduct" when it is not. The reason Pickford is not being punished is the incident was seen during the game and if it has been seen, it is not possible for retrospective punishment according to FA rules. 

Both Pickford and Richarlison should have been reds for violent conduct

VIOLENT CONDUCT. Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

• Upvote 1

Im gutted for Virgil. He doesnt deserve this shit at this stage of his career. He's 29 for fuck's sake not some whipper snapper who, while it not being good for them either, has more years of their playing career ahead of them to make a recovery.

Neither is this bullshit by class and dignity fans that van Dijk clattered one of their players twice before his injury. He's just not that type of player.

In some ways, Im glad Im not a professional player because Id be shit scarred of going under the knife, having my knee completely opened up then 'reconstructive' surgery on it. Frankly the very thought makes me a bit queasey just thinking of it.

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im gutted for Virgil. He doesnt deserve this shit at this stage of his career. He's 29 for fuck's sake not some whipper snapper who, while it not being good for them either, has more years of their playing career ahead of them to make a recovery.

Neither is this bullshit by class and dignity fans that van Dijk clattered one of their players twice before his injury. He's just not that type of player.

In some ways, Im glad Im not a professional player because Id be shit scarred of going under the knife, having my knee completely opened up then 'reconstructive' surgery on it. Frankly the very thought makes me a bit queasey just thinking of it.

Not to downplay the severity but reconstructive knee surgery is normal nowadays for elite athletes. There have been severe cases of everything in an athlete's knee being shredded and being beyond repair, but that doesn't seem to be the case here and the vast, vast majority recover great nowadays. There's hundreds of success stories of players coming back to their best after tearing knee ligaments.