You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I got a van Dijk t-shirt as a present a few months back. It was a bit snug, so I never wore it. I've dropped a few pounds of late and it fits now. 

I wore it properly for the first time yesterday. I think it might be cursed and I'm reluctant to wear it again. 

At least I've got a new duster now... 

Dont for fucks sake get a Mane shirt

7 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I got a van Dijk t-shirt as a present a few months back. It was a bit snug, so I never wore it. I've dropped a few pounds of late and it fits now. 

I wore it properly for the first time yesterday. I think it might be cursed and I'm reluctant to wear it again. 

At least I've got a new duster now... 

Fancy getting a pickford one now? 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Clutching at straws but do we know it's deffo cruciate? Just says ligaments on the club release with no time frame. I don't believe a lot of the stuff coming from the other so called news outlets.

Yeah good shout...asked same question myself after reading club statement.

But sadly the 'news' seems to be unaminous and being reported by the more respected sources too....hopefully might be wrong, but sadly feel not.

Seems there is at least better news about Thiago.

2 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Disagree. We will probably play more conservatively as a result and look to control games. With the Thiago - Fabinho - Henderson trio we could be mid 2010s Barcelona-esque in ball control. Relies a lot on Thiago though. Hopefully his injury isn’t bad ...

I hope so, I mentioned it earlier that if we keep all our other key players fit we may be ok. 

Klopp and his team have really got their work cut out now though!

Forgetting what a cunt Pickford is and the actual events of this, injuries do happen. The type of injury is just fucking cruel.

I don't care if it's not the right time, but I'm more angry with whoever decided not to bring in a centre back after selling Lovren, as well as not bringing in an upgrade for Adrian.

These are 2 crucial positions that turned us into trophy winners that were badly neglected this summer and there's was no excuse for not sorting them out.

Just got to hope that Matip can stay fit until January and that we're still in contention for the league and in the Champ league quarters.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Klopp is a great manager, he will tweak us tactically and I’m sure we’ll be fine. As great as Virgil is, it’s not like he’s our only world class player, we’ve a team full of them. We need to not feel sorry for ourselves and just go out and show our class.

Correct. If possible I thinks it’s more attack attack attack as best form of defence and Fabinho taking a defensive role for the foreseeable! Only issue our defence not the same pace in it and we will be obviously more vulnerable in the air..why Firmino regardless of form might be chosen..

I think less ball knocked around the back the better and whoever manages our offside line (assume Matip) needs to show some leadership fingers crossed staying fit for 2.5 months. In for a tough ride but got to ha e faith in Klopp. Could really do with positive news on Thiago??

37 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I think we will struggle to challenge for the title at all now. He is the most important player in the team, the most difficult to replace. We've conceded 13 goals so far this season, and its going to be even worse without him. 

He will be difficult to replace,granted,but other players have to if possible step up and do a job,I'm certainly not giving up on retaining the title,why should we?we have a fantastic team and incredible team spirit.We need to try and keep upbeat.Other teams will lose key players to injury, its inevitable. Get well soon Virgil,COYR

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Fucking nightmare. Hope something terrible happens to Prickford, the cunt

Hopefully we get reinforcements in Jan, having just Gomez and Matip as options at the back doesn't fill me with much confidence. 

He’s Everton’s goal keeper, something terrible has already happened.

• Upvote 7

Time to get behind the big man and support him every hour, day and week of his recovery. He will return stronger and better than ever.

Time for every other member of the squad to work even harder, and to stick together and fight for every single second of the season.

This will make us weaker short term but shit happens and we use it to regroup, build on and get even stronger. 

Imagine the day Van Dijk returns, hopefully in front of s packed Anfield. It will match the best European nights for noise and show Virgil and the rest of the world what this football club is all about.

On the bright side, at least we haven't got Lovren to come in.

If (I know, I know) IF Matip and Gomez can stay fit they could form a really good partnership, especially if Allison is coming back soon they'll have that reassurance behind them.

With the talent on the wings, in midfield and up front we're still good enough to win the league. 

It's a blow, but not the end of the world.