You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not a chance

The club won't risk it

I do think your right but if we are in a tight title race who knows. Would hate him to rush back and get injured at the euros though. We need him for the next few years and not just the last few games of the season.

Fair to say, a good centre half and a Romero quality number 2 gloveman is what we need this January.

I snapped my acl and could “walk” on it with severe pain and the feeling of the knee giving out, someone like vvd with a hundred times stronger muscles around the knee then me could probably  walk on it the first few hours before it swelling and giving out. 

We've been quite lucky with injuries to our key players over the last few seasons. The way in which this one happened though has left a very sour taste. Everton have essentially kicked the fuck out of arguably our most important player and got off scott free. Really hope karma gets them back, the yard dog cunts.

• Upvote 10

Just now, Elite said:

We've been quite lucky with injuries to our key players over the last few seasons. The way in which this one happened though has left a very sour taste. Everton have essentially kicked the fuck out of arguably our most important player and got off scott free. Really hope karma gets them back, the yard dog cunts.

The we did VVD's ACL Cup - highlight of the rats last quarter of a century.

10 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I do think your right but if we are in a tight title race who knows.

I think we will struggle to challenge for the title at all now. He is the most important player in the team, the most difficult to replace. We've conceded 13 goals so far this season, and its going to be even worse without him. 

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Sounds like he will struggle to came back at the same level, even when he does come back?

Dunno about that to be honest. I think anything is possible these days isn't it? It'll probably depend on the success of the op. I'm certainly not thinking about anything worse than he's out for the season right now. 

9 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Is that the worst type of knee injury? Is it likely to be an issue again for him or more if he is rushed back?

He said it was the worst possible outcome - hut I'm guessing the worst of what they were expecting. I doubt it was worse than chamberlain for example. 

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I think we will struggle to challenge for the title at all now. He is the most important player in the team, the most difficult to replace. We've conceded 13 goals so far this season, and its going to be even worse without him. 

I don't think we could possibly be worse defensively than we have been unless Matip and Gomez also get injured. 

I think with Alisson back we'll be much more secure from set pieces, with Thiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson we could potentially defend much better from midfield than we have done as well. 

The one thing we really need is Bobby to find his mojo.  We can control games, we need to convert more to allow for a few more concessions.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Disagree. We will probably play more conservatively as a result and look to control games. With the Thiago - Fabinho - Henderson trio we could be mid 2010s Barcelona-esque in ball control. Relies a lot on Thiago though. Hopefully his injury isn’t bad ...