You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

When the going gets tough. Etc.

I'm not sure it's about fighting. This team will always fight, they were still fighting getting fucked 7-2 in the previous game.  Most of it is if you're good at football. Gomez is shite in the air, so shite we don't even bother sending him up for corners. Matip is good (if a bit of a 50p head at times) but the cunt is never fit! We can be as tough as we like, but if all you have to do is have someone hang the ball between Adrian and Gomez and you lose goals, you're in trouble. It's not like we're talking 1 or 2 weeks, it's likely a very large if not all the season..

It’s just so utterly depressing that these cunts can just go out there and intentionally injure players and basically just get away with it.  I’m not even arsed about the 3 points.  You know full well it’s all to do with that fucking animal they’ve got on the coaching staff as well.  I’d consider fucking off playing them in future.  Just forfeit the fixture or put the kids out and just tell them to just smash as many of their players as possible.

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I wouldn't take any injury talk as fact until it comes from the club. Nature of clickbait media is that they'll just all repeat each other's bullsht because they know people are googling for it.

As someone posted a little earlier, they had de Jong in the studio who said he'd text vvd. 

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I wouldn't take any injury talk as fact until it comes from the club. Nature of clickbait media is that they'll just all repeat each other's bullsht because they know people are googling for it.

You only had to look at it to know it was long term, same with Thiago who I am amazed was able to carry on.  Both obvious long term.

, no doubt about it whatsoever

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not sure it's about fighting. This team will always fight, they were still fighting getting fucked 7-2 in the previous game.  Most of it is if you're good at football. Gomez is shite in the air, so shite we don't even bother sending him up for corners. Matip is good (if a bit of a 50p head at times) but the cunt is never fit! We can be as tough as we like, but if all you have to do is have someone hang the ball between Adrian and Gomez and you lose goals, you're in trouble. It's not like we're talking 1 or 2 weeks, it's likely a very large if not all the season..

Hopefully the keeper is back sooner and Matip can give us a run of games. 

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Hopefully the keeper is back sooner and Matip can give us a run of games. 

He doesn't have a history of that though does he? This was always the risk in going in for the season with 3 CBs. It pays off if you don't lose vvd for any length of time. It pretty much blows that whole plan up once vvd is out for a period. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He doesn't have a history of that though does he? This was always the risk in going in for the season with 3 CBs. It pays off if you don't lose vvd for any length of time. It pretty much blows that whole plan up once vvd is out for a period. 

I did suggest earlier going 443. 13 1-0 wins and we’ll be sound Baz.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Everton had one sending off when it should have been three. How that Allan and Pickford stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Having said this we knew what was capable of happening if we lost Alisson and or Van Dijk and didn't strengthen those areas. We snooze,we lose.

No doubt goal and centre back are where we experience the biggest drop off. Although we didn't handle mane's absence too well either and we've decent cover in his position. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

No doubt goal and centre back are where we experience the biggest drop off. Although we didn't handle mane's absence too well either and we've decent cover in his position. 

That's true,Mane and Henderson both make a big difference and Thiago is class on the ball too. But at least we have some decent cover there,GK and CB not so much.

37 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What's he said? The clip I saw he refused to criticise Pickford and basically said fuck all about anything something like "you think it was the wrong decision because you keep asking me"

He’s inferred that the lines on the VAR decisions are somewhat bent by whoever is reviewing the incidents. Not verbatim, but probably enough to have the FA trying to cover their arses on Monday by using it as a smokescreen for the questions that the Club have asked.

• Upvote 1

“He told BT Sport: 'It must be offside with VAR, it's what everyone wants.

'I think they bend the lines sometimes to make it offside. I'm not sure how they do it, I've seen it before.“

Several online papers, one being the Mirror, using this.

To be fair, I had BT on but didn’t see his after match interview.

28 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Everton had one sending off when it should have been three. How that Allan and Pickford stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Having said this we knew what was capable of happening if we lost Alisson and or Van Dijk and didn't strengthen those areas. We snooze,we lose.

They’re the two best players in the world in their positions and our most expensive signings. 

Getting in better replacements (who none of us would have wanted to ever see on the pitch in an ideal world) would probably have meant not signing Thiago and/or Jota.

I wouldn’t criticise anybody at the club over what happened today. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You gotta laugh at the criticism that follows the injuries of top players. "Well we should have bought another 75m CB on 200k wages to mitigate risk. We're just not prepared"

How about "We should have bought at least a partner for him that wasn't 12 or made of glass"?

• Upvote 3