You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

Surely the fact head-to-head results are a tiebreaker before goal difference in La Liga has to impact season goal tallies even a bit? 

Why park the bus and be virtually 0% chance of a result, as opposed to still trying to score and increase it to maybe 15-20%? It will help grab a few unlikely draws/wins throughout the season, but also mean you get tonked by 5+ a few times too. 

As a team that's had a great attack and a shit defence for the majority of the 2000's, you really understand the truth in the statement "defence wins titles" when you finally have a good one. It makes the games so much easier to watch as well. You hardly ever worry during games now. You know this big sexy bastard will sort everything out. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Boss said:

As a team that's had a great attack and a shit defence for the majority of the 2000's, you really understand the truth in the statement "defence wins titles" when you finally have a good one. It makes the games so much easier to watch as well. You hardly ever worry during games now. You know this big sexy bastard will sort everything out. 

Mr Suzy was talking to a Spurs fan the other day who said even when they were 2-0 up against Arsenal he couldn’t relax - I said ‘I remember that feeling’ !

A mate of mine was born and lives in the Nertherlands and knew van Dijks brother. My mate is a massive Groningen fan and he has a signed match worn van Dijk FC Groningen shirt, the lucky Danish bastard.

I fully intend to visit one day and give it a damn good sniff. I have tried to convince him that he can't possibly love him as much as I do and that it should rightly be mine to hang alongside the signed Carra one that I won on here but he seems unwilling to give in.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Jay H said:

Seems a speculative report with no firm quotes attached but promising nonetheless.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/virgil-van-dijk-agrees-new-19847000

They quoted £69m for hairy Maguire, Even though he is officially the most expensive defender ever(snigger). They then quote Virgil as the £75m we paid. Would love to believe this is true but no one reputable seems to be running it.

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

After months and months of watching him, I've come to the conclusion that I do actually quite like him and I think things could work out for him at Liverpool. 

He's still got work to do but he's certainly on the right track. That Maguire chap has set the standard, I think Harry would have produced chocolates and flowers.

40 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

He's still got work to do but he's certainly on the right track. That Maguire chap has set the standard, I think Harry would have produced chocolates and flowers.

How's that fucker doing at Yernited? I've not watched them play this season.

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

How's that fucker doing at Yernited? I've not watched them play this season.

He's doing extremely well. He has helped them amass 5 points in 4 matches. That's more points than matches! They just need a draw in their next match to maintain their average of one point per match! At the end of the season they could have 38 points! They'll certainly have something to play for in those circumstances. Extremely well, considering he only cost £80m.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

He's doing extremely well. He has helped them amass 5 points in 4 matches. That's more points than matches! They just need a draw in their next match to maintain their average of one point per match! At the end of the season they could have 38 points! They'll certainly have something to play for in those circumstances. Extremely well, considering he only cost £80m.

Your maths is a bit shit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

Love reading these threads from the start, robbo and mane are other ones. Almost everyone thought they were rip offs or shite ( including me) that's why I'm a fat mobile phone salesman and Jurgen manages liverpool.

The Wijnaldum one is probably the best I would imagine