You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

So according to Ferdinand VVD was a worthy winner....but he shouldn’t have won it? And according to Cole, only forwards should be eligible to win? And why would anyone listen to Ferdinand anyway, following that embarrassing OGS outburst? No credibility whatsoever 

10 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole. Fuck me. Add in Glenn Hoddle and Robbie Savage and you begin to realise that BT Sport really is an equal opportunities employer. Imagine those four as a team on The Chase. It would be a half hour episode. 

Half hour? Those morons wouldn’t last 15 minutes. 

I’ve never understood why “the best player in the world” always has to be an attacker. If that’s the case, why even bother with defence? I think great teams in future should blow their budget on three or four world class attackers and cheap, League Two cast-offs for non-attacking midfield roles, defensive and goalkeeper. Much simpler, and clearly won’t have the slightest negative impact on the teams.

The player to win the World player of the year is the one that's helped their club /country win something huge and has generally been the best in their position in the world. Regardless whether they're defender, forward or goalkeeper.

That's why personally I think the world player of the year should really be neck and neck between van dijk, alisson and mane. 

I don't give a fuck if Messi scored 50. La liga is a mickey mouse league these days and he did fuck all four Argentina. Yet again. 

Mane helped Senegal get to the final of the African Cup of nations. Van dijk helped the Netherlands reach the final of some uefa tourney which no one understands and Allison helped Brazil win the copa America, while winning the golden gloves doing so. Oh, while also doing so in the Premier league, oh yeah and also in the champions league, which he won......... 

26 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

The player to win the World player of the year is the one that's helped their club /country win something huge and has generally been the best in their position in the world. Regardless whether they're defender, forward or goalkeeper.

That's why personally I think the world player of the year should really be neck and neck between van dijk, alisson and mane. 

I don't give a fuck if Messi scored 50. La liga is a mickey mouse league these days and he did fuck all four Argentina. Yet again. 

Mane helped Senegal get to the final of the African Cup of nations. Van dijk helped the Netherlands reach the final of some uefa tourney which no one understands and Allison helped Brazil win the copa America, while winning the golden gloves doing so. Oh, while also doing so in the Premier league, oh yeah and also in the champions league, which he won......... 

Also, if you want to be a truly top player, Liverpool is a good place to become one.