You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

5 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Im in love with Virgil. I had decided I was too old to ever idolise or worship a footballer ever again but Virgil has made me reconsider that. What a fucking man.

We've got genuine heroes now. 

19 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Interviewer: This is one of the great sporting venues in the world. Can you feel the tension and antmosphere here?

van Dijk: I'm looking forward to a good game. 

Translation: Are you kidding? Did you not see Liverpool thrash Barcelona at Anfield? Fuck off.

Calling him the greatest defender in the world was alright but I would have liked him to introduce Virg like he introduces the players at the snooker. 

“PFA Player of the Year, the reigning European champion, please show your appreciation, from the Netherlands, HE’S THE COLOSSUS, VIRJIL VAN DIJK”

I'll probably get negged to fuck, but here it goes.

He reminds me of Cantona.

Not in the way he plays, or being a massive thundercunt.

But the fact he was always a decent player, but once he moved to a massive club*, he just grew in confidence and moved on to the next level.

Kinda the opposite of "the weight of the jersey can destroy a player". Our jersey has made him immense.

* - not that I'd call that shower a "massive club".

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm guessing he'll win the positional award for defence at UEFA CL draw, and probably the best overall player award. 

Think the draw isn't taking place until near the end of August.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Get the contract out, put it on the table, let him sign it, let him write whatever numbers he wants to put on there, given what he’s done now since he come in and let him sign the contract and go. Virg is at the wheel, man. He’s doing it. He’s doing his thing. Liverpool are back. 

Hahahahaha

• 3 weeks later...