You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

This was Liverpool's 50th clean sheet in the Premier League under Jurgen Klopp in their 128th match with the German in charge since his first in October 2015; 42% of those have come since Virgil van Dijk's league debut in January 2018 (21 in 37 games since).

Clean sheets win you titles. As much as I’d have preferred a cosy 3 or 4 goal canter yesterday it proves to anyone doubting us that we are the real thing. We can grind wins out even when homes teams sit back. Big Virg and the keeper have made us so much harder to beat. Two great signings.

9 hours ago, scudger99 said:

For all those who said we paid over the odds or Southampton well and truly shafted us on the price : read it and fucking weep.

Whatever we would have ended up paying, this guy is worth it.

This title challenge is a non-event without him in the side.  He's not just a bit better than other centre backs, he's a level beyond them.  He is to defending what Souness was to midfield, a monster with that velvet touch.

Today for the first time I saw his goal for Celtic against St Johnstone on YouTube.  Fucking ridiculous, a centre half doing that.

Him and Alisson are the rocks that we are now built on.  How the fuck could anyone improve on that ?

Sheer man love for Klopp for sticking to his guns and chasing this guy and Alisson, Citeh looked like they would run away with it this season but they're looking up the table at us now.

What a time to be a red.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, scudger99 said:

For all those who said we paid over the odds or Southampton well and truly shafted us on the price : read it and fucking weep.

Whatever we would have ended up paying, this guy is worth it.

This title challenge is a non-event without him in the side.  He's not just a bit better than other centre backs, he's a level beyond them.  He is to defending what Souness was to midfield, a monster with that velvet touch.

Today for the first time I saw his goal for Celtic against St Johnstone on YouTube.  Fucking ridiculous, a centre half doing that.

Him and Alisson are the rocks that we are now built on.  How the fuck could anyone improve on that ?

Sheer man love for Klopp for sticking to his guns and chasing this guy and Alisson, Citeh looked like they would run away with it this season but they're looking up the table at us now.

What a time to be a red.

he got double figures one season for Celtic. 

2 hours ago, Hades said:

If we win the league where does he rank in our best ever centre-back discussion?

Best bar none Imo, though I think on what I've seen from him so far he's already probably the best centre half I've seen in my lifetime.  He's got the lot. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Has he ever had a bad game for us? 

He was poor at old Trafford for about 5 mins of our loss there last season. Left Mata free for his over head that he should have scored and made it 3 nil. Apart from that, I can't remember another glaring error and definitely not for a ten min spell, let alone a full game.

He's a bona fide, Hall of fame soccer star from the Dutch EPL. He excels at trying to stop players who like to score, EVEN USING HIS HEAD. 

Can he kick it, yes he can goes the song, I think it can be used to describe Virgil Van Dijk, and I don't take those words lightly. He almost certainly has at least 4 friends in the squad. An Ostrich of a footballing soccer machine. 

• Upvote 6

On 1/14/2019 at 11:14 AM, Remmie said:

He's a bona fide, Hall of fame soccer star from the Dutch EPL. He excels at trying to stop players who like to score, EVEN USING HIS HEAD. 

Can he kick it, yes he can goes the song, I think it can be used to describe Virgil Van Dijk, and I don't take those words lightly. He almost certainly has at least 4 friends in the squad. An Ostrich of a footballing soccer machine. 

Garth Crooks over here

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...