You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

55 minutes ago, Paul said:

He’s deffo going to win POTY. 

10/1 on Betway at the minute, Paul. 

David Silva currently 3/1, I'll be honest I've not watched City other than a couple of games this season, but has he been that good? I haven't heard people raving about him. 

Other odds:

Hazard 7/2

Sterling 8/1

Mo 10/1

Like a cross between Yeats and Hansen - Look at these stats in the Premier League since his debut:

- Most touches (2,846)
- Most minutes (2,845)
- Most passes (2,471)
- Most duels won (213)
- Most clearances (173)
- Most aerial duels won (155)
- Most interceptions (38)
- Most shots blocked (13)

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

That article claims Wolves were the better side in the first half.  And that the teams were equal bar Van Dijk.

Eh ?

What fucking game were they watching ?  Wolves put up a spirited defence and had a good go, but we were comfortable throughout.

3 hours ago, TheBitch said:

10/1 on Betway at the minute, Paul. 

David Silva currently 3/1, I'll be honest I've not watched City other than a couple of games this season, but has he been that good? I haven't heard people raving about him. 

Other odds:

Hazard 7/2

Sterling 8/1

Mo 10/1

Hazard was getting “top three in the world” talk earlier in the year when Chelsea were unbeaten and it had all the trademarks of the media setting the agenda for a guaranteed POTY award but that’s gone quiet since they slipped despite him seemingly still playing very well.

since then I’ve not heard much about any one player and city seem to have a different player pick up the batten from week to week or month to month.

obviously that’s great for them as a side and shows why they are so good and have such a great chance at the title, but it blows the POTY race wide open.

if we keep this defensive record up through the season then I think VVD has a real shot at it.

34 minutes ago, Naz17 said:

Anyone else getting concerned about how many games he's playing? He surely could do with a rest...I don't think he's missed a premier league or champions league match? Shame we have no one at the moment to fill in for him.

He'll get a decent rest in mid Feb, there will be about 2 weeks in between his matches because of being suspended for the Bayern game. 

Liverpool defender Virgil Van Dijk refused to get carried away despite the Reds leading the way in the title race.

The defender scored in Friday’s 2-0 win at Wolves to maintain the Reds’ unbeaten Premier League season and ensure they will be top at Christmas.

Mo Salah netted his 14th goal of the season in the first half before teeing up Van Dijk’s game-clinching second.

In eight of the last nine campaigns the team top at Christmas have won the league – except Liverpool in 2013 – but Van Dijk remained calm ahead of a mammoth clash with title rivals Manchester City on January 3.

He said: “There’s a long way to go yet. It’s a position that everyone wants to be in and we are in it at the moment. That’s the only thing it is and we need to keep going.

“The next game is Newcastle United on Wednesday and then Arsenal and Manchester City, so it can change but we are not going to think about that. We take it game by game.”

The defender netted his first Liverpool goal since his £75million move from Southampton in January.

He poked in Salah’s cross midway through the second half as the Reds also kept their 11th league clean sheet of the season.

They have conceded just five goals in the top flight this term.

“I’m more happy that I’m keeping clean sheets with my team and winning games,” Van Dijk told Liverpoolfc.com.

“Obviously scoring a goal is a bonus and obviously a very proud moment and hopefully there’s more to come, but I’m more focused on winning games.

“We are very happy and at the end I am happy with the win. In the first half we were a bit sloppy at times, but second half we did it well and we are very happy that we won.

“It’s a very tough place to come with these circumstances and how they play. They have shown throughout the season they are very good and disciplined and they have a clear idea.

“We knew before and it’s how we reacted to it and in the second half we dominated and created good chances.”

Wolves missed the chance to go sixth as their three-game winning run ended but boss Nuno Espirito Santo is content with their displays.

He said: “I’m happy because of the way we work and the way we pass through all the moments football gives you – good moments, bad moments, moments when you may not have played so good so you have to find solutions.

“We’ve found them, and I think we’ve played well. We are consistent, but the table doesn’t mean anything.”

Sokratis pulls Barnes down and Barnes goes to kick him but realises he’s on a yellow and stops himself. Dyche whining to the fourth official, the two-faced ginger rat. Obviously only likes a bit of on-field thuggery if its his team dishing it out.