You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

On 11/26/2018 at 6:11 AM, Ne Moe Imya said:

We're on pace to concede just 15 league goals this season.

I can't be arsed looking it up but that has to be right up there for the best defensive record in league history I would think. About 90% of the credit down to one man IMO.

I think the goalkeeper is making a big difference. The amount of times over the last 5 or 6 seasons the 1st shot on goal goes in has been soul destroying. We have a keeper saving a few now and makes some tougher saves look easy. Even his calmness after a fuck up is an asset. VVD has been a great addition, but he’s not done it on his own. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Cultural appropriation. Ardja will have to boycott the songs.

No he won't ....

He's Our Centre Half .....He's Our No.4 ....Watch Him Defend ...And Watch Him Score ......He Can Pass the Ball .....Calm As You Like .......He's HARRY MAGUIRE....   HARRY MAGUIRE!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

Loved how he turned away in disgust after his wayward shot against the shite in the last seconds, only for the ball to eventually go into the net. Great celebration.

I do that when I go bowling and just know it’s gonna be a strike as soon as it’s 1/3 of the way down the alley.

very classy.

Virgil van Dijk reckons there is “something going on” at Liverpool this season as they look to win their first trophy in six years.

The Holland skipper had an eventual first six months at Anfield, having arrived from Southampton in a £75m deal in January, as the Reds reached the Champions League final before losing to Real Madrid.

The new campaign has also started well for Jurgen Klopp’s men, who currently sit second in the Premier League table behind Manchester City ahead of Wednesday night’s clash with Burnley.

And Van Dijk admits he has achieved nothing yet at Anfield and thinks the club is on the “right track” to have a successful season.

“I think I expected a lot from my move,” Van Dijk told ESPN FC. “I’ve expected a lot from myself, to improve as a player and as a human-being as well.

“It has been going well and good, obviously, but in the end we have nothing at this moment other than a lot of improvement and being on the right track.

“But I feel there is something going on here. We have got great momentum at the moment.

“Everyone is feeling good. Obviously we can all still improve a lot of our game, but like I said, there is definitely the feeling that we are on the right track.”

rack.”

36 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Virgil van Dijk reckons there is “something going on” at Liverpool this season as they look to win their first trophy in six years.

The Holland skipper had an eventual first six months at Anfield, having arrived from Southampton in a £75m deal in January, as the Reds reached the Champions League final before losing to Real Madrid.

The new campaign has also started well for Jurgen Klopp’s men, who currently sit second in the Premier League table behind Manchester City ahead of Wednesday night’s clash with Burnley.

And Van Dijk admits he has achieved nothing yet at Anfield and thinks the club is on the “right track” to have a successful season.

“I think I expected a lot from my move,” Van Dijk told ESPN FC. “I’ve expected a lot from myself, to improve as a player and as a human-being as well.

“It has been going well and good, obviously, but in the end we have nothing at this moment other than a lot of improvement and being on the right track.

“But I feel there is something going on here. We have got great momentum at the moment.

“Everyone is feeling good. Obviously we can all still improve a lot of our game, but like I said, there is definitely the feeling that we are on the right track.”

rack.”

Get the lawyers in and tie this fella down to an unbreakable 10 year deal. He is fucking colossal. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Is there a better defender in the world? No one comes to mind. Remarkable how he spent so many sleepy years at Celtic and Southampton.

Nope. He’s the best player in the league imo and top 4/5 in the world (maybe higher)

• Upvote 1

He'll not be in the mix for any of the individual awards because defenders never are, but you're right, at present he is genuinely the best player in the league. Should be on the podium for things like the Balon D'Or as well if he can keep playing to his current standard.

Absolute monster of a player.

Just now, magicrat said:

Great player. Better than Sami in his prime ?  

Think he has to wait a bit longer for that accolade. Hyppia was an absolute legend and scored some crucial goals. 

Sami with pace.

I love Sami more than any player I've seen play for us, and think he is generally, criminally, underated, but I think VVD is better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Sami with pace.

I love Sami more than any player I've seen play for us, and think he is generally, criminally, underated, but I think VVD is better.

Me too and you're right Virg has more pace plus his passing ability is better. Sami had a real eye for goal and was a beast at set pieces. The fact that we are talking about him in the same breath as Hyppia after such a short period is unbelievable in itself.