You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

The times are saying Pellegrino has no funds and the article hints at the new guy borrowing from various sources. It all looks a bit Hicks and Gillett

It's from The Times "“Gao’s backers are demanding a return on their investment and will not grant him a transfer budget so the club will continue to operate as it has done throughout the Liebherr family’s ownership.”

In other words, sell players to buy new ones.

We're going to buy VVD, which is a mad thing to say after all has happened, but I truly believe this has all been a fucked-up mating dance. 

Hoedt being bought, in addition to the other lad they bought at CB.

It's not difficult to see where this is going, after all their fucking posturing though, they then go looking at Hoedt and Wimmer, and totally set the scene for the big sale. 

It's from The Times "“Gao’s backers are demanding a return on their investment and will not grant him a transfer budget so the club will continue to operate as it has done throughout the Liebherr family’s ownership.”

In other words, sell players to buy new ones.

Just like us Jimbo,I bet they've got a nice selection of nautical equipment as well mate.

• Upvote 1

Probably bullshit but as it's late on Sunday night...

Former journalist, Ian McGarry claims ​Southampton's Virgil van Dijk will be a Liverpool player by Thursday - despite the Saints stance that the Dutch centre-back is not for sale this summer. 

Liverpool's ambitions to sign van Dijk are no secret, but despite apologising to the Saints for their conduct and subsequently retracting their interest earlier in the transfer window, McGarry is seemingly of the belief that it is only a matter of time before the 26-year-old is unveiled as a Liverpool player. 

Although Southampton are insisting that their star player is not for sale, McGarry believes otherwise as speaking on the Transfer Window Podcast, via the Daily Star, he said: “The whole thing of Van Dijk not for sale is a holding tactic.

“1) To get more money for the player out of the buying club, in this case Liverpool and 2) waiting until confirming a replacement to take over from Van Dijk.

"By this time next week [Thursday] Van Dijk will already be given a squad number by Liverpool and that’s where he’ll be playing his football this season.

“Van Dijk has seen himself in the red jersey of Liverpool. In my experience if they’ve already in their minds moved club, then they would rather go to that club than another. It would take an awful lot of money in terms of a contractual offer to assuage Van Dijk away from Liverpool and instead to Chelsea.

Whilst former Celtic midfielder John Collins claims van Dijk's agent has not done his client any favours, as he told talkSPORT, via the Daily Star: "Virgil van Dijk, I know Virgil very well.

“He’s a good boy but I don’t know why he signed this six-year extension last year (at Southampton) to be perfectly honest.

“When you sign an extension six months earlier, unless your agent has got a buyout clause put in it and a buying club makes it, then his agent’s not done a good job for him,” he added.

The 'done by thursday' was doing the rounds outside the ground yesterday. If it was then nobody including this guy would have a clue. Not sure if it's the same news but it feels like the 'insert day over the next week' deal will be done by has happened too many times this summer by people trying to look like they know what's happening for whatever reason.

I think if Van Dijk was going to a different club to us it would have happened already. But I also think if he was coming here then that also would have happened. They're in the same situation as we are with Coutinho. They hold all the cards and it won't harm them at all to test his resolve by keeping him after the window closes to see how he behaves. If he plays then they know his threats are worthless and will be going forward. If they aren't they can sell in January.

He was Chelsea's guest at Wembley today in a box and his best friend has been deleting comments from Liverpool fans all day, fuck sake doesn't look good at all now does it? He's probably had enough of us not even bidding, I can't for the life of me see why we can't or don't bid for him. We've been cleared because of a lack of evidence. Fuck mr this summer gets worse and worse.

He was Chelsea's guest at Wembley today in a box and his best friend has been deleting comments from Liverpool fans all day, fuck sake doesn't look good at all now does it? He's probably had enough of us not even bidding, I can't for the life of me see why we can't or don't bid for him. We've been cleared because of a lack of evidence. Fuck mr this summer gets worse and worse.

Just googled that and I can't find anything about it. Source?

He was Chelsea's guest at Wembley today in a box and his best friend has been deleting comments from Liverpool fans all day,

Just narrowed the following google searches down to last 24hrs

virgil van dijk friend deletes tweets ..............................NOTHING

Van Dijk Chelsea guest, .............................................NOTHING

Me thinks you're talking shite.

There's no fucking way that a player contracted to a club would be the "guest" of another club, unless a deal had been agreed very publicly. And since we were complained to the fa, Chelsea would get hammered as it would be direct evidence of tapping up.

It's his best mate who was there, I read it wrong at first. That's his mate who's always with him and kept dropping hints about him signing for us before we fucked it up and in the immediate aftermath.

b93428ab7834f2715fc892894dc4de76.png

His best friend and Wembley today and he's deleted all comments from Liverpool fans and has only like 6 comments left. Van Dijk was in London earlier in the week, fuck me how obvious is it?

I would suggest that it can't be that obvious as no media have picked up on it. Why would he delete tweets from our fans anyway? And he only has 6 tweets left? So they were all off Chelsea Fans? Fuck me, how obvious is it?

If it's that obvious to you, we're 11/8 and Chelsea are 13/5 on PP, lump on it mate. It would seem there's been no reflection of this big news in the betting.