You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

I don't believe the request is due to Chelsea interest or due to some agreement. If that were the case, his statement wouldn't have been so scathing. He's clearly pissed because he wants to join us and Southampton are trying their hardest so that it doesn't happen.

Pearce basically said on a podcast that he wouldn't put money on us signing van Dijk because Southampton are pissed at us and there might be an agreement between the club and the player that he won't join LFC. He's only speculating, though.

I would be surprised if thats even allowed to happen now 

The usual suspects here at hitting the self destruct button and galss half empty syndrome yet again.

The fact is, van Dijk wants out of southampton. LFC is clearly his preference. I havent heard one leak from him about city, chelsea or anyone else except wanting to join LFC.

Southampton clearly dont want to sell, there's a groundswell amongst their support not to sell to us. Tha fact remains if the player holds firm in his stated preference, Southampton have a tough choice to make; either let the player move and get shitloads of money or have said player remain on their books and sit in the stand.

I cannot see Southampton turning down £60m and rather have him sit in the stand. Others will see it different.

I still think a deal will be done late in the window. That way, southampton get £60m, get rid of disruptive player (from their point of view) and fuck us up because the player wont be (match) fit to play until the end of September at least.

The usual suspects here at hitting the self destruct button and galss half empty syndrome yet again.

The fact is, van Dijk wants out of southampton. LFC is clearly his preference. I havent heard one leak from him about city, chelsea or anyone else except wanting to join LFC.

Southampton clearly dont want to sell, there's a groundswell amongst their support not to sell to us. Tha fact remains if the player holds firm in his stated preference, Southampton have a tough choice to make; either let the player move and get shitloads of money or have said player remain on their books and sit in the stand.

I cannot see Southampton turning down £60m and rather have him sit in the stand. Others will see it different.

I still think a deal will be done late in the window. That way, southampton get £60m, get rid of disruptive player (from their point of view) and fuck us up because the player wont be (match) fit to play until the end of September at least.

Never mind Southampton we have fucked ourselves up so far concerning this transfere don't you think so?

I reported that prick callywombles posts to their moderation e-mail this morning with the following message.

I realise you can't be blamed for what the idiots who comment on your articles write....but letting bile like this stand is a different story.

I presume you are aware of the findings independent enquiry which disprove the disgusting allegations made in the post reported....

Fair play to them they then cleaned the shite up.

Good, I'm sure you weren't the only one to complain

Never mind Southampton we have fucked ourselves up so far concerning this transfere don't you think so?

Sure we fucked up before. No denying it and I think someone at LFC should be sacked over it. It was nothing short of gross incompetence in my book. But, I dont get this stuff about not being able to make a bid now. The window is open. The lad was still leaking LFC was where he wanted to go as late as last week.

I'd be willing to bet that some stupid bastard at LFC thinks it will 'repair the relationship' with Southampton if we wait to be green lighted to bid for VVD.

Southampton of course won't do it and we will end up looking even stupider than we already do whilst VVD joins one of our rivals.

Was he all over that one?

Today, 07:42 AM #9688

Lemina deal really close. Should be closed out today.

Loan offer made for goalkeeper.

In discussions with three CB's to replace VVD. Only one will be signed.

Another loan offer with option to buy made for an attacking player.

Will be 4 signings before end of window apparently. Three expected to go out. VVD, Gazzaniga (although might change if we don't secure a loan) and one other.

Today, 07:42 AM #9688

Lemina deal really close. Should be closed out today.

Loan offer made for goalkeeper.

In discussions with three CB's to replace VVD. Only one will be signed.

Another loan offer with option to buy made for an attacking player.

Will be 4 signings before end of window apparently. Three expected to go out. VVD, Gazzaniga (although might change if we don't secure a loan) and one other.

He's no Paulie is he?....

Sure we fucked up before. No denying it and I think someone at LFC should be sacked over it. It was nothing short of gross incompetence in my book. But, I dont get this stuff about not being able to make a bid now. The window is open. The lad was still leaking LFC was where he wanted to go as late as last week.

You just stay in your own little world mate.

The leaks that he wants to come here are old now.

We won't go back in as we ended our interest and unless we are invited to bid by Southampton, that won't change as our owners are too scared to upset anyone ( probity )

I can't see Southampton inviting us to bid whilst other teams have expressed an interest can you ?

Call me hysterical if you want mate but I've seen enough of these owners to be confident that I'm right that they are fucking shit and have no interest in winning or competing and are waiting to sell just before the arse falls out of the tv deal etc

• Downvote 1

You just stay in your own little world mate.

The leaks that he wants to come here are old now.

We won't go back in as we ended our interest and unless we are invited to bid by Southampton, that won't change as our owners are too scared to upset anyone ( probity )

I can't see Southampton inviting us to bid whilst other teams have expressed an interest can you ?

Call me hysterical if you want mate but I've seen enough of these owners to be confident that I'm right that they are fucking shit and have no interest in winning or competing and are waiting to sell just before the arse falls out of the tv deal etc

Maybe you should stay in yours? The leaks you call old were from the end of last week. Hardly old.

You carry on believing we wont go back in unless invited by southampton. I dont think that for one minute and neither do a number of football people or bookies.

Believe what you want about the owners, Im hardly going to change your mind. But, what is clear is there isnt some white knight riding in to buy the club. Ask yourself, why is a chinese consortium prepared to buy shares in that lot down the east lancs road rather than buy LFC off the current owners? And even if there was some buyer, it is open to debate whether they would be better or worse.

The fact is, you'll continue to believe there's something better out there but, like SETI's search for an ET signal, you're going to be waiting a long time.

Maybe you should stay in yours? The leaks you call old were from the end of last week. Hardly old.

You carry on believing we wont go back in unless invited by southampton. I dont think that for one minute and neither do a number of football people or bookies.

Believe what you want about the owners, Im hardly going to change your mind. But, what is clear is there isnt some white knight riding in to buy the club. Ask yourself, why is a chinese consortium prepared to buy shares in that lot down the east lancs road rather than buy LFC off the current owners? And even if there was some buyer, it is open to debate whether they would be better or worse.

The fact is, you'll continue to believe there's something better out there but, like SETI's search for an ET signal, you're going to be waiting a long time.

Where are these leaks from last week then?

Football people and bookies? Football people try to predict both outcome and bookies speculate to cover themselves.

You like the owners and have faith in them, I don't

• Downvote 1

Where are these leaks from last week then?

Football people and bookies? Football people try to predict both outcome and bookies speculate to cover themselves.

You like the owners and have faith in them, I don't

You see, you just keep getting it wrong, dont you?

Im pretty tired of saying it but will once again, Im pragmatic. There's not a lot I can do to change the ownership of the club. And even if I \ we did, do you seriously think if fans force the owners out, loads of potential new owners, wealthy or not, will be queuing up to buy the club in such circumstances?

Remember the effect the fans had on potential lenders to the two cowboys when they were trying to get finance on the club? Yeah, that went well for them. Imagine what potential new owners may think if the current owners were forced out.

You see, you just keep getting it wrong, dont you?

Im pretty tired of saying it but will once again, Im pragmatic. There's not a lot I can do to change the ownership of the club. And even if I \ we did, do you seriously think if fans force the owners out, loads of potential new owners, wealthy or not, will be queuing up to buy the club in such circumstances?

Remember the effect the fans had on potential lenders to the two cowboys when they were trying to get finance on the club? Yeah, that went well for them. Imagine what potential new owners may think if the current owners were forced out.

Yet again you fail to answer about these leaks that you feel are so recent. I'm going to stop asking you as you seem to skate around it.

For what it is worth, I sort of agree with the pragmatism, but probably not for the same reason.

FSG have insulated themselves pretty well from any fan action by either not setting foot in the country and/or being rich enough to not have to go cap in hand to anyone to keep their investment ticking over, therefore being able to keep their heads down.

I don't know whether potential new owners would be better, worse or are around the corner. What I do know is that LFC is better than this ( or should be ) and it pains me to see what we have turned into and when people like you seem to accept it.

Pragmatism or apathy - only you know

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We have a young squad with our best players just entering their primes, have a good coach, play an exciting brand of football and are back in Europe's elite club competition. "Pains me to see what we have turned into" is a little much, frankly. This isn't 2010, we're doing alright.