You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

van Dijk has removed everything related to Southampton from his social media. He must be pissed, nailed on he goes now. Not to us of course.

That's not true I looked as soon as I heard that, it's all still there.

Again, it seems that it's the extent of the tapping up that is the issue rather than the fact we tapped up.

Of course it is, we've well and truly been caught with our fingers in the till here.

It's like when you used to fill in a job or college application form as a teenager or a Graduate or whatever.

Everybody bullshits abit and everybody knows it goes on and tacitly accepts it, but instead of saying we were captain of all the school sports teams and head prefect, we've said we were the Home Secretary at 16 and managed Real Madrid up until recently.

• Upvote 2

Until we appoint someone with genuine pedigree at boardroom level this type of thing will keep happening.

The list of clubs who don't won't to deal with us grows longer every summer.

That's simply not true..ask Cardie.

• Upvote 1

I suppose unless Soton actually complain then the fa/pl can't investigate - so our apology and withdrawal i would guess has been made as a condition of soton not reporting us.

Fucking pathetic.

We are like the kid at school who has ni street wise about him and gets caught all the time whilst the other kids get away with it all the time and laugh at him.

There'll be no transfer ban and if you read our apologise the only thing we apologise for is media speculation.

Sooner or later a club was going to get pissed off with FSGs antics leaking fake links to the local journos to appease fans every window.

More fool anyone still falling for it by now.

• Upvote 3

I reckon that Carra has it right,we've tried to save a few Bob by leaking it.If that's the case then Klopp will be fuming.His reputation is being tarnished here,by a bunch of amateurs.This could well have a domino affect.Peter Robinson must be spinning in his grave.

Amateur hour. I can get that we've apologised for the fact we leaked that Van Dijk preferred us so as to try to prevent an auction, but why end all interest in signing him?

Money talks so just stump up if it's that important to Klopp that we sign him.

How hard does this make it for us to sign any decent players? Who would deal with us?

Why wouldn't they?

Clubs still deal with Juventus and they were cheating clubs out of points, they still sell players to clubs who have gone bankrupt despite only getting pennies on the pound for transfer fee's owed and they still sell players to clubs who've exploited third party ownership and not paid their share of transfer fee's.