You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dominic Solanke

Guest Pistonbroke

Yeah, he has hardly played, but he has decent movement and doesn't look overawed by it all. Give him more game time when possible and he'll blossom imo. 

The main problem is Liverpool football club shouldn't be relying on a player whose proved fucked all.  What's even worse is Danny Ings getting thrown on to save the day, that guy seems to be still here out of sympathy more than anything.

Solanke is potential, nothing more, nothing less.  

• Upvote 1

I’d like to see Solanke get a couple of U23 games and show some goal scoring at that level. Ings has done his stint and to be honest didn’t look out of place yesterday, which goes to suggest that current u23 standard isn’t a bad barometer.

I think Solanke needs to learn to dominate and intimidate using his physique. He doesn’t seem an arse or full of himself so it might not come naturally to be that alpha male type, he’s going to need to learn to be a bastard.

• 1 month later...

Please can somebody tell me the logic about starting this guy out of nowhere in important PL games - such as the Everton game - but never giving him any fucking minutes during other / less important games?

Nailed on, we'll bring him in to start a PL game soon, and we'll be fucked, because he's never had any minutes otherwise.

Please can somebody tell me the logic about starting this guy out of nowhere in important PL games - such as the Everton game - but never giving him any fucking minutes during other / less important games?

Nailed on, we'll bring him in to start a PL game soon, and we'll be fucked, because he's never had any minutes otherwise.

Calm down, man.  You're going to give yourself an aneurysm.

Ian Rush didn't score in his first nine games....and they were full games too and that was playing for the League Champions and a team that would win the European Cup that season

Obviously not saying Solanke is in that league but I'm sure there were Kopites around then who would have said "where did Bob get this big nosed dud from"?

Ian Rush didn't score in his first nine games....and they were full games too and that was playing for the League Champions and a team that would win the European Cup that season

Obviously not saying Solanke is in that league but I'm sure there were Kopites around then who would have said "where did Bob get this big nosed dud from"?

I was one of them!!

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, aRdja said:

Four goals in two games for the U21s, including this beauty.

Could be an option to revitalise our forward line IMO.

To be fair, that goalkeeper has managed to make karius look good.