You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We're having a collection for Remmie's dad

Champ

How's your dad doing Rem ? Up and at 'em ?

Just got back from my holiday at the airport waiting for my coach home. Will see him tomorrow. Apparently he's demolished over £100 worth of shopping in about 10 days!

A nice reminder for an update my side. Seen dad most days since I've been back and got him up and about. We've talked mobility scooters and dad wants to try out a few before committing so we might hire one for a while. We need a smaller scooter but they have a lower range and speed so it might be a good idea.

At the final time of asking we have a collection of £627.19.

Of that £40 was donated by Remmie for Steve's hospice, so the final tricky question is would people like the full remaining balance to go to Remmie to help his dad or should a sum be added to Remmie's donation for the hospice?

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I'll go with the flow. 

Maybe Remmie's dad could do with a new camera to take photo's of his spanking new wheels. I'm assuming the poor sod lost any camera he had in the fire. 

That was he can use whatever proportion of it he thinks he needs to sort the rest of his Da's stuff out rather than us giving an arbitrary number for both causes. Good effort that folks

That's how I'd read it too

That's an amazing total guys thank you so much. Can't wait to let dad know, will try and do the video this weekend. He has just about everything else now, I bought an ancient TV with a built in dvd player from the car boot for a fiver. Annoyingly it needed a universal remote (£12) and I can only make it play a dvd, not pause or select menu options. He wants to persist with this telly rather than get a new one for £100 though. As for a camera he splashed out on an iPhone 6 so he can take pictures if he wants. So the only thing left is this mobility scooter, hopefully we can check out somewhere tomorrow to get an idea of the model he wants.

Champ, I'm a bit confused about this total, is it including the £120 left over for Stevebaby or is it just the £40 that I donated? I'd feel a bit uncomfortable using donations meant for Steve on my Dad.