You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We're having a collection for Remmie's dad

Champ

Donations received

Anubis

KMD7

Stouffer

Turdseye

razor

rico

Tj

Trumo

Angry

TheBitch

Jairzinho

Chris71

Carvs

Skend

lfc_jay8

Shooter in the Motor

Vincent Vega

And 3 undisclosed

JS

PI

SM

No sign of yours, Gordon?

Guest Pistonbroke

No sign of yours, Gordon?

It said it was sent to your e-mail addy for sky. I'll log back into PayPal to check. 

It was definitely sent C. 

Transaction ID 9G652918MH288970N

Donations received

Anubis

KMD7

Stouffer

Turdseye

razor

rico

Tj

Trumo

Angry

TheBitch

Jairzinho

Chris71

Carvs

Skend

lfc_jay8

VladimirIlyich

Paddy berger

Pistonbroke

Davelfc

And 3 undisclosed

JS

PI

SM

£446

Back from hospital and got to see Dad's new place yesterday. It's just every bit as suitable as my wife told me and more. We've started moving stuff in starting with a bargain 2nd hand recliner which is absolutely frigging amazing, needs a bit of a rewire but apparently can heat and vibrate. It has a matching small sofa, we got them as a duo for an absolute steal of £75.

On Saturday dad will move in fully, with most of the stuff he needs. I showed him how to shop online on ebay and he was gobsmacked at the ease and convenience of how quickly we could sort through different options. In about 1 hour we bought him a microwave, toaster, kettle and sandwich toaster. He was giddy from the excitement of it all.

The big void left is his mobility scooter and that is what this fund will go on to get the best possible. I'd like to insist on no more donations for this as any extra verges on greed and aiming towards buying luxury items when it could go on something far more important.

The last figure I saw was an incredible humbling amount and I am really, unbelievably touched by the generosity of you lovely cunts. Thank you donors and well wishers for helping change my dad's life and Cath for your altruistic kindness to organise all this.

In slightly other news, my recovery has been so rapid that our holiday to Prague has been signed off by the doctors and we are due to leave on Sunday after almost being certain of writing it off. It'll be a wrench leaving Dad just moved in but perhaps exactly what he needs for independence and settling in his own way. It certainly what my wife and I need after the most turbulent month of my life and a very stressful busy one for her.

Finally, Cath, I'd like to give some dosh to Steve Baby's hospice fund, am I okay to just send it to the same account with a reference stating it's me?

• Upvote 3

Back from hospital and got to see Dad's new place yesterday. It's just every bit as suitable as my wife told me and more. We've started moving stuff in starting with a bargain 2nd hand recliner which is absolutely frigging amazing, needs a bit of a rewire but apparently can heat and vibrate. It has a matching small sofa, we got them as a duo for an absolute steal of £75.

On Saturday dad will move in fully, with most of the stuff he needs. I showed him how to shop online on ebay and he was gobsmacked at the ease and convenience of how quickly we could sort through different options. In about 1 hour we bought him a microwave, toaster, kettle and sandwich toaster. He was giddy from the excitement of it all.

The big void left is his mobility scooter and that is what this fund will go on to get the best possible. I'd like to insist on no more donations for this as any extra verges on greed and aiming towards buying luxury items when it could go on something far more important.

The last figure I saw was an incredible humbling amount and I am really, unbelievably touched by the generosity of you lovely cunts. Thank you donors and well wishers for helping change my dad's life and Cath for your altruistic kindness to organise all this.

In slightly other news, my recovery has been so rapid that our holiday to Prague has been signed off by the doctors and we are due to leave on Sunday after almost being certain of writing it off. It'll be a wrench leaving Dad just moved in but perhaps exactly what he needs for independence and settling in his own way. It certainly what my wife and I need after the most turbulent month of my life and a very stressful busy one for her.

Finally, Cath, I'd like to give some dosh to Steve Baby's hospice fund, am I okay to just send it to the same account with a reference stating it's me?

From the jaws of defeat, eh?

Its amazing what you have achieved between you in such a short time.

Here's hoping things have turned a corner for you all.

And, yes, of course you can send on a donation for Stevebaby's hospice fund to the same account...as can anyone else

PS If you don't mind me asking, how much do mobility scooters cost?

If you don't mind me asking, how much do mobility scooters cost?

From what I've seen they range from £100 for a possibly faulty 2nd hand runaround to up to £2000 new all bells and whistles, so clearly a minefield. We will need to shop around as Dad will need a smaller one that possibly folds and is modified or built expressly to drive one handed (like his old one). Due to his location it will need to have a decent range on the battery too.

In all this we were donated a collapsible wheelchair which helps so much when others are about. He went a long time needing his old scooter before accepting the fact and actually getting it, so I think he can survive the time it takes making sure we get the right new one. Also through us feeding him proper food and him having to use our stairs, his fitness has improved hugely. Nonetheless he will need one for his independence.

Long story short I think he will be so much happier in his new place and the scooter is the final piece of the jigsaw

Should have filmed him getting excited about the eBay stuff Rem, would have loved to have seen that. Warms the heart no end to see someone who's had a bit of bad luck getting cheered up.

Good point, but I guess we were living the moment
  • Upvote 2