You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We're having a collection for Remmie's dad

Champ

Some of you will have seen on the FAO all those who contributed to Stevebaby's collection that I still have over a hundred quid that we didn't spend and was asking for thoughts about how we should use it. At the same time Remmie posted about his father, who has significant health issues, having lost everything in a fire in his home, in the same week that Remmie was admitted to hospital for an emergency operation. Oh, and he found out his wife is pregnant! Remmie's dad didn't have insurance so is having to start from scratch.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/111127-bittersweet-eventful-week/

For some time there have been collections for posters facing exceptional challenges and if this isnt one of those times I dont know what is. There is no obligation but if you would like to contribute to a collection for Remmie and his dad I am taking donations to my PayPal account cath.platts@sky.com or bank account

• Upvote 6

Thanks you guys this really means a lot. Please prioritise the commemorative stone for Steve baby and his donation to the hospice, I'll be chipping in when I'm out if here too.

Dad got the keys to his new place yesterday and we've started moving him in. It's infinitely more suitable for his needs and I've had an astonishing amount of furniture donations and help with him already from my friends. I am still in hospital and not had a chance to check things out but umpteen solutions for his myriad of problems are solved by being there with a real community vibe. Sadly as part of the trauma of what happened and being in unfamiliar territory and routines dad has presented quite accelerated short term memory problem and confusion about meeting new people. There is a long road ahead to get him where he needs to be starting with a diagnosis and then working on support. The main thing he needs that we haven't got him yet is a mobility scooter and if the accommodation allows it some small shed to house it. I have been humbled by the help of my friends already in helping him while I've been here and you guys support has helped me loads already. Once I'm in a better place to assess his full needs I'd like to set a bar on any amount as I think so much seems to already be catered for and roll it on to another cause.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't send much but I have added a little payment over to add to what is hopefully a mountain of cash.

Best of wishes and luck to Remmie and his Dad. Better times are always just a song and dance away.

He'd be chuffed with that thanks

Edit - The Pratchett comparison not the Shipman one!

It was the T shirt making him look medical.

On reflection I think the Pratchett comparison is better

• Upvote 1