You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Arse kicking over, 9 wickets left and 33 balls to spare, impressive and easy.

England played well no doubt,I just wish that I could enjoy a game of cricket without all that sky bollocks.That Nasser Hussain does my fuckin head in.

Guest Pistonbroke

England played well no doubt,I just wish that I could enjoy a game of cricket without all that sky bollocks.That Nasser Hussain does my fuckin head in.

Yep, thank fuck for Bumble and his mumbling. 

How on Earth was Bairstow MOTM? He came in when the game was 90% done. 

Just give it to Wood - wicket-taking and extreme pace that stunted the SA innings. You could make a case for Willey too - wicket first ball of the match and top catch in the second over. The bowlers won that game for England.

I'd  be very careful with Wood's workload over the next 2-3 months. He could be special in Australia bowling in short spells.

In other news Lancs' Kolpaks beat Hants' Kolpaks. Makes you proud. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Henry Blofeld is retiring after 45 years working in the commentary box. TMS will not be the same. 7th September when England take on the West indies will be his last day. 

Guest Pistonbroke

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/40374596

India will receive almost a quarter of the total cash handed out by cricket's world governing body after challenging initial attempts to reduce their share.

The BCCI will receive $405m (£319m) over the cycle of 2016 to 2023 - three times more than England's $139m (£110m), the second largest share.

The International Cricket Council's board had voted 13-1 in favour of India being allocated $293m (£227m) in April.

That led to reports India were planning to boycott the Champions Trophy.

After the vote - on proposals for a new financial model intended to redistribute revenue more equally - the BCCI missed the deadline to name a squad for the tournament.

A team was later selected, with India eventually losing in the final to Pakistan, but a BCCI statement explaining the delay said its secretary Amitabh Choudhary would continue to negotiate with the ICC, adding that it was "keeping its legal options open".

The changes to the ICC's revenue distribution model, ratified by its full council on Thursday, will see South Africa, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, New Zealand and West Indies receive $128m (£101m) each, while Zimbabwe will receive $94m (£74m).

Ireland and Afghanistan, who on Thursday were granted Test status, will share $240m (£189m) of funding with the ICC's associate members.

There is a logic in some circles of Indian cricket which runs; 'if we generate 70% of income in the global game, shouldn't we get 70% of the revenue?'

It's an argument the ICC has had to confront, keeping India on board while trying to ensure some equity in financial distribution. After all, it is a global game (even if India - and the IPL in particular - is in a world of its own with a global marketplace within its own borders).

Thus it was back in April that the ICC board voted in a financial package that saw India take $293m over the next cycle. Discontent followed, as did mutterings of not participating in the Champions Trophy.

Now the compromise gives them $405m, which is significantly more, but nowhere near the figure approaching $600m hardliners may have wanted. Where does the extra money to distribute to India come from? After all, the ICC now has two new full members to fund.

Well, Ireland and Afghanistan will see their income increased dramatically but will still be a long way behind Zimbabwe. If not in cricketing terms, then in finances.

--------------------------------

Nice to see both Ireland and Afghanistan gaining Test status. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Need a wicket, these two are pummelling our bowlers and the arrogant saffa cunt in the comms box is getting chirpy. 

and we get a third wicket just after I posted.  

Guest Pistonbroke

Timely third wicked too.

Yeah, SA are just going for it, if we keep our cool we'll probably end up bowling them out for less than 220 imo, suicide cricket at times.......and there goes another wicket due to pathetic batting. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Jordan just dropped a catch, rare sight. It was hit with some speed like and ended up hitting him on the jaw as he failed to get his hands up quick enough. 

Guest Pistonbroke

For some daft reason I thought this was a 50 over game, duh....hahaha. still, it was crazy cricket at times. England chasing a slightly below par score of 175.