You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Players we could bring in to the starting 11. Ballance, Mason Crane, Ben Foakes, Jake Ball (who played and looked shit in that first test) and Tom Curran. More like a list of players you wouldn't take on an Ashes tour.

Yeah and we really don't want to see someone like Balance getting another chance. Ball will just be Anderson / Broad - no pace and only a threat with the moving ball. Crane, an unproven spinner - that could be ugly too.

The Lions are in Perth though, so I'd rather give some of them a chance:

c00090cd0d37aa5345a888ebda36b21c.png

That was the team that player the other day.

Saqib Mahmood bowls quicker than Broad / Anderson. Got 4-14 for the Lions.

Skaro, on 18 Dec 2017 - 2:39 PM, said:

Match drawn I'd say.

Don't often get damp spots anymore.

Apparently it was quite wet in Perth last night.

I'm going for one half decent partnership for England (either this one, or involving Moeen) allowing them to limp past the Aussies total, followed by losing the last 3 wickets for 1 run. Then a comfortable 10 wicket win for the Australians.

Jose Jones, on 18 Dec 2017 - 3:38 PM, said:

Apparently it was quite wet in Perth last night.

I'm going for one half decent partnership for England (either this one, or involving Moeen) allowing them to limp past the Aussies total, followed by losing the last 3 wickets for 1 run. Then a comfortable 10 wicket win for the Australians.

Actually, I'm going to revise that and say all out in the next 10 minutes.

The Aussies have given England an absolute hiding. Again.

10-wicket defeat in the 1st test, 120-run defeat in the 2nd, and now defeat by an innings and 41 runs in the 3rd test. The Aussies have taken all 20 wickets in each test, been able to declare twice during their first innings, only been bowled out in two of the 5 innings in which they've batted, and lost just 37 wickets in 3 tests. This is not the stellar Australia side of the 1990s and 2000s either.

Guest Pistonbroke

Meh. Those smarmy posh twats in the long room at the MCG won’t have half as much fun now that it’s a dead rubber.

I'm guessing the alcohol will help mate. Hopefully our lads will be playing for pride, although they'll probably bottle it after getting pissed on Christmas day. 

Cook laughing and smiling on the balcony at 9 down, last test for him for me. Just get through the last 2 tests and upheaval begins, Cook, Root, Ali and Broad all passengers so far. No good only being able to play in our conditions the like of Anderson has a little bit left in him, Ali is ok on worn pitches bowling into footholes, Build the team around Root, Stoneman, Malan, Bairstow as a batsman only, Stokes, Woakes and Anderson for a year or so. Get a wicketkeeper batsman in, a proper spinner and a quickie.