You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

C4 have put the live coverage on their listing now , but I can't find any suggestion of a highlights show on any of the usual suspects' schedules.I am going to struggle to commit to 20 days of 4am starts so I hope it gets sorted. Because of the late decision it seems C4 are just going to go with Star Sports coverage and have their only input during the breaks. 

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

C4 have put the live coverage on their listing now , but I can't find any suggestion of a highlights show on any of the usual suspects' schedules.I am going to struggle to commit to 20 days of 4am starts so I hope it gets sorted. Because of the late decision it seems C4 are just going to go with Star Sports coverage and have their only input during the breaks. 

Highlights on catch up

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/live-test-cricket-returns-channel-4

Starting with the opening Test from Chennai this Friday (5.2.21), ball by ball coverage of all four Tests will be shown live on Channel 4 and All 4. And for viewers who can’t manage the early 4am start, highlights will be available on All 4.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

And sure enough after a stupid thrown away wicket one becomes two, Lawrence out for a duck  ...

Haven’t seen anything in Lawrence yet but very early and he’s obviously a young player.

Need to just keep grinding here, 400 minimum required when batting first on this track.

4 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Haven’t seen anything in Lawrence yet but very early and he’s obviously a young player.

Need to just keep grinding here, 400 minimum required when batting first on this track.

To be fair Lawrence's was a good delivery but it doesn't happen to him if Burns doesn't throw his wicket away 10 minutes or so before lunch.

Sibley is looking decent even though he looks rigid in his batting he's worked at his game and doesn't give his wicket up 

2 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

After this game (no, playing one test doesn't make sense to me either...).

Wouldn’t it have made more sense to go home at the end of the Sri Lanka series?

Hopefully Foakes plays as well as he did last time he played on the sub-continent.

Runs starting to flow here now with these two, about half a dozen boundaries these last few overs.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

How the fuck has that boring bastard Nick Knight managed to geg in on the host’s commentary team?

There are so many excellent cricket  commentators I am not sure why you would employ a dentists drill like him.

Root and Sibley doing ok here , play can go on until 11.30am .

Absolutely stunning from Root. Yorkshire’s finest, England’s finest. Needs another seven after tea to go past AJ Stewart as third highest all time Test run scorer for his country. Wouldn’t bet against him getting the 404 runs he needs to overcome Graham Gooch, currently in second place, by the time this series is over.