Quantcast
The New Cricket Thread - Page 366 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
A_S

The New Cricket Thread

I know. I remember playing awhile ago we were fielding and the umpire was tidying the wicket removing bits of grass debris off the wicket, I kicked it back on and said it was the batsmen’s responsibility to tidy the wicket. He said I was cheating and kicked it off again. I kicked it back on and he gave me a warning. Probably not I the spirit of the game. But I still think it’s up to the batsmen.

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Is eating trebor mints while fielding in order to shine the ball so much that it swings round corners cheating? 

Asking for a friend. 

I thought extra strong mints worked better.

I remember another bowler who if the batsmen didn’t ask before he picked the ball up and returned it to a fielder would appeal for handled the ball. The umpire had to give the batsmen out according to the rules. He got loads of wickets like that.

1 hour ago, Edward. said:

I remember another bowler who if the batsmen didn’t ask before he picked the ball up and returned it to a fielder would appeal for handled the ball. The umpire had to give the batsmen out according to the rules. He got loads of wickets like that.

Thats on the batsman, fuck the fielding side, let them do their own work. 

1 hour ago, Edward. said:

I’ve seen that. It’s fucking embarrassing.  

Was due my 30 minutes on the treadmill and thought, brilliant I'll watch the cricket while I do it. Fuck me, felt like two hours later,  Bess and Leach were still serving up shit and I had only done 26 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

I've done fuck all work all day and dont regret it for a moment. Brilliant day of cricket.

Really looking forward to England v India this summer. 

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Proper test cricket

That was fucking marvellous. Pant was totally fearless. No bowlers no Kohli. Great team. Great series. 
First  loss at the gabba since 1988. 

Test Cricket.

Is there a better game on earth?

As good a match, as good a day, as I've ever seen in my 40+ years following the game.

Doesn't matter what Tim Paine said last week.  This transcends sledging.

Magnificent.

I'm about to open can No 5.

• Upvote 1