Quantcast
The New Cricket Thread - Page 358 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
A_S

The New Cricket Thread

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Five for Wood, delighted for him, I really like his attitude.

Indeed. That's his second 5 for in 3 tests. Despite all his injuries he just keeps going with a smile on his face, apparently great in the dressing room and a bit of a joker. Thought England bowled well, although apart from Elgar (who gifted his wicket this innings) and de Kock the SA batting line up is abysmal. Will we make them follow on? I doubt it, may as well bat and just kill off the series, which is dead already, but the SA team will be down and our openers/top order could get some decent totals. 

I'm impressed with his batting as well, some great clean hitting at times in both the last two tests. It was good to see Broad enjoying himself which I'm sure was a by-product of Wood just going out and having a go.

• Upvote 1

Had to laugh when he was interviewed after the close of play when Root got 4 wickets & when he got asked about it and he just said , ' Yeah , he took the spinning end and left young Bessy at the rubbish end. It's good to be the captain '.

Done very well to win 3-1 after the tour nearly unravelled at the start with illness & injury.

I think Sri Lanka may be a more worthy test of the young thrusters , and wonder whether Ali may be back ?

Well that escalated quickly.

Didn’t see that coming after the first game. South Africa are obviously in transition but it’s always difficult to win away.

Great to see the emergence of Pope, Sibley and Crawley. Wood was superb too.

• Upvote 2

Reading a summation of the series on the BBC website and it made an interesting point , noting that while in away series it is expected that you choose the bowlers to suit the conditions , it is very rare that this is applied to batsmen. The for instance in this case is that after their decent efforts in SA , Sibley and Crawley will open in Sri Lanka , but Keaton has two centuries on the sub-continent and is considered a better batsman of spin.

Pissing myself at that clip of the England / Sri Lanka U19 game. 

England lad knocks the ball back to the bowler and is about a yard out of his ground. The SL lad throws the ball back towards the stumps. The ball hits the England lad on the back of his leg. The SL lad claims for LBW . The England lad growls something along the lines of ' Fuck off you dick '

4 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Thought that was a no ball that got Morgan out 

True , but even then it should have been a doddle at a run a ball.

When we actually did need a big hit off the last ball they sent Rashid out instead of Wood !!

• Upvote 2