Quantcast
The New Cricket Thread - Page 350 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
A_S

The New Cricket Thread

3 minutes ago, skaro said:

England's first innings looking mountainous for the moment.

Still a good wicket mate, a few cracks to aim at from the Wynberg end and Broad bowled well. 

Anderson in on the act now, huge wicket. If a partnership was going to come it would more than likely have been between Elgar and du Plessis. 

1 minute ago, skaro said:

Good wicket or no, SA might just be shite.

Top order inexperienced apart from Elgar and du Plessis and it is showing mate, Eng have bowled well mind. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Both teams are, which is why it should be a tight series.

Shite always makes for a good contest.

Excellent morning for Eng with the ball. SA 60/3. Still looks a decent surface for batting but the quickies will be lining up to bowl from the Wynberg end and take advantage of that line of cracks. Interestingly they said at the start of the Test that the pitch looked ready to play on 2 days before the game started, so theoretically the pitch could be behaving like a day 4 pitch from that end. You wouldn't want to be batting 4th on this. 

Not much happening now; Bess isn’t threatening and the field is pushed back so they’re rotating the strike comfortably.

Another England loss unfolding before our eyes.

36 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Not much happening now; Bess isn’t threatening and the field is pushed back so they’re rotating the strike comfortably.

Another England loss unfolding before our eyes.

Bit early to say that mate. That no ball wicket from Broad is proving costly though. vd Dussen being the recipiant and going on to be a part of a very good partnership, Elgar has batted really well. You do feel that one wicket can change things again though, just need one to spit up from the cracks. I also think batting 4th won't be easy. Obviously a huge last session to come on after Tea and Root needs to come up with some way better tactics. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Bit early to say that mate. That no ball wicket from Broad is proving costly though. vd Dussen being the recipiant and going on to be a part of a very good partnership, Elgar has batted really well. You do feel that one wicket can change things again though, just need one to spit up from the cracks. I also think batting 4th won't be easy. Obviously a huge last session to come on after Tea and Root needs to come up with some way better tactics. 

I'm sensing a flaw in this plan

I always use the touch test.

From interviews and the evidence available would you be inspired by a certain person ?

You can either be a clever leader , a lead by example leader, or both.

Root is unfortunately failing miserably on all counts since taking on the job.

I think he’s been a car crash as Captain, Root. Looking at body language (I know that’s not always advisable or accurate) it seems to me that the players aren’t fully behind him.