You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

That Sam Curran bats 3 and can also bowl medium/fast pace. How is his career progressing? I don't think he's played a lot for Surrey this season. 

Guest Pistonbroke
14 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Reminds me of the dark days of the 90s this collapsing like a pack of cards 

I remember watching us on tour in the Windies. Smith and Ramrakash put on about 10 runs in two hours. Think it was that innings were we were all out for a very low score (under 50). Excruciating stuff as it was the whole tour. 

12 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I don’t mind Stokes playing that shot, it was an awful delivery. Terrible execution though.

Having just seen it on BBC website, you have got to be joking?

It's a horrendous choice of shot under the circumstances of the game.

4 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

How many wickets have come from awful shot selection/execution though? Almost all of them!

Brought about, I reckon, by the absolutely claustrophobic consistency, persistence and quality of the bowling.

I think it's been absolutely exceptional.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, skaro said:

Brought about, I reckon, by the absolutely claustrophobic consistency, persistence and quality of the bowling.

I think it's been absolutely exceptional.

It's not like they've been under the cosh for several sessions. Not one batsman has faced 50 balls, most have faced a lot less.

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Warner has been absolutely phenomenal.

This is freakish bowling and fielding.

I don't think it's the pitch either.

It's genuinely brilliant stuff.

Some of the shots have been dodgy, but brought about by the relentless quality of virtually every ball.

Worst of the cheating cunts Warner having a laugh here.

The lack of spine in this England side is just sickening. They’re fucking laughing at you, you fucking stupid twats, and all you do is keep obliging them with wicket after wicket. Heads should roll for this kind of predictable shit but they won’t. “Aggressive (sic braindead) cricket” will be the order of the day. Fuck technique.

Just now, Spy Bee said:

It's not like they've been under the cosh for several sessions. Not one batsman has faced 50 balls, most have faced a lot less.

They haven't got the temperament.

When conditions are good we're probably the best around. When they're difficult, we're one of the worst.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

Yes, true.

I just think this is totally next level bowling and fielding in the context of this Series so far.

Just about every ball in two hours has been on the money.