You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Great start to the morning. The mad thing is it is all predictable, if we can see it why can't the selectors/captain ?

It stinks of 'It's our idea so we are going to stick with it in defiance until it works.' 

Well, lose this match and the Aussies retain the ashes. Root would be under massive pressure, as would the selectors.

And as I type Denly out LBW for a duck. Reviewed and survives, thank fuck for that. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

36/4, I meant 36/4

I might have to review my 350+. We'll be lucky to reach parity here. Long way to go mind, just need these two to see off the new ball and build a few partnerships. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It stinks of 'It's our idea so we are going to stick with it in defiance until it works.' 

Well, lose this match and the Aussies retain the ashes. Root would be under massive pressure, as would the selectors.

And as I type Denly out LBW for a duck. Reviewed and survives, thank fuck for that. 

He'll be gone soon enough...

I like Burns. Absolute chalk and cheese with Roy. You can really see how much Burns applies himself.

Roy doesn't even have experience of opening in the Championship. Bats four or five in the few games he plays, averages a reasonable but unspectacular 38. He has absolutely fucking zero credentials for opening in an Ashes series. None.

Guest Pistonbroke

TBH, losing the Ashes might not be the worst thing to happen. It seems the current Test set up is all wrong. Captain, squad and selectors. A lot of test cricket is in the head, and we look fucked. Bowlers are fine, as are a few batsman, but the rest are just not Test cricket standard. 

Might as well get a few young lads in and build from there. Root should be relieved of the captaincy as soon as possible too. Replacements I don’t know, don’t follow the County season like I used to or watch much. 

Burns deserves to stay, Root and Stokes obviously, after that? Roy and Denley should be ditched and one of Buttler or Bairstow. Foakes must keep wicket.

• Upvote 1