You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Is that skinny gobshite chirping again?

Lyon is a dick head. The England pace bowlers need to give him some chin music. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah it very much depends what he does with next innings, his batting is shot to fuck

Needs dropping for his own good, quite obvious that nets is not enough to iron out his issues. He needs time at County Cricket to build his confidence and work on things. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

What the fuck are these shirt numbers all about? I could just about forgive 1-11 in the batting order, but 37 and 87 and all that shit, what is the point?

The ICC believe it will popularise the longer format of the game by having both names and numbers on the shirts. It just looks ridiculous. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Aussies morning, but the lead is creeping in the right direction thanks to a decent stand between Woakes and Broad who are batting far better than a few who proceeded them. Nicely balanced game. 

It’s all well and good saying drop Moeen but he’s picked because he’s the best spinner, his batting has always just been a bonus. He should be judged on his bowling in the second innings because this is turning into a bunsen!

I think the Aussies are favourites from here because we’re batting last. We need 100-150 lead to have a chance.

12 minutes ago, Brownie said:

It’s all well and good saying drop Moeen but he’s picked because he’s the best spinner, his batting has always just been a bonus. He should be judged on his bowling in the second innings because this is turning into a bunsen!

I think the Aussies are favourites from here because we’re batting last. We need 100-150 lead to have a chance.

We should have been looking at 150 but for the usual suspects, Woakes and Broad showing the application needed after Burns hard work.

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I see where you are coming from in regards to Ali, but his bowling hasn't been great of late either. I'm guessing his batting is also having a negative effect on his bowling as well. Maybe's that will change in the Aussies second innings. 

I wouldn't have the Aussies as favourites, their batting is worse than ours. We also still have batsmen at the crease, so who knows what the lead will be.