You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Spy Bee said:

You are dead to me.

I'll give it a go at some point, especially as there's a comedy side to it. Got way too much stuff to watch on my list that i want to get to first though. 

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It is Ireland mate. They are just finding their way at this level. 

This isn't the game for finding their way. This is their once in a generation chance to win a test at Lords. 

Be livid if I was one of their bowlers.

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'll give it a go at some point, especially as there's a comedy side to it. Got way too much stuff to watch on my list that i want to get to first though. 

It's very light viewing, much like this test match.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Jairzinho said:

This isn't the game for finding their way. This is their once in a generation chance to win a test at Lords. 

Be livid if I was one of their bowlers.

They are what they are mate. Their bowlers could have made things easier if they had bowled better in England's second innings, so they are not without blame, regardless of how well they did in the first innings. Swings and roundabouts. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

It's very light viewing, much like this test match.

A siesta is going to do me better in this heat. Like I said though, I will get around to watching it. 

Guest Pistonbroke

38 all out. Woakes with 6, Broad with 4 (bet he's pissed he couldn't get a 5 for). 

Ahh well, my sofa beckons. 

27 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They are what they are mate. Their bowlers could have made things easier if they had bowled better in England's second innings, so they are not without blame, regardless of how well they did in the first innings. Swings and roundabouts. 

38!

Root is apparently going to bat at 3, which probably means that Denly is dropped. Does that just mean everyone moves up a place and they’ll pick an extra bowler in Archer? Or could they go with Curran because of his batting?

My prediction:

Roy

Burns

Root

Bairstow

Stokes

Buttler

Curran

Woakes

Moeen

Broad

Anderson

4 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Root is apparently going to bat at 3, which probably means that Denly is dropped. Does that just mean everyone moves up a place and they’ll pick an extra bowler in Archer? Or could they go with Curran because of his batting?

My prediction:

Roy

Burns

Root

Bairstow

Stokes

Buttler

Curran

Woakes

Moeen

Broad

Anderson

That does not look like a good batting lineup (think Moeen will be a spot or two higher).

England better hope for swinging conditions and to win the toss in every match.

9 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

That does not look like a good batting lineup (think Moeen will be a spot or two higher).

England better hope for swinging conditions and to win the toss in every match.

I don’t disagree but do you think it looks stronger swapping Curran with Denly?