You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

I doubt play will start again now. If Broad can get into his stride tomorrow morning, he is more than capable of a quickfire 50 but we'll assume he will get bounced out quite quickly. I think we're 20 short. If we bowl with discipline then it's not impossible to skittle them for 130ish but both teams have been in good positions and dropped off. There are runs to be had if you don't throw your wicket away.

It should be a gripping day actually. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Pitiful stuff this.

It's good bowling, but horrendous batting.

Bowling has been better than good mate, It has been excellent, although the conditions are very much in their favour. The Irish batsmen just struggling with movement on this slope, many will have hardly experienced this at such a level. Imagine if we were bowling with our best attack? 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Bowling has been better than good mate, It has been excellent, although the conditions are very much in their favour. The Irish batsmen just struggling with movement on this slope, many will have hardly experienced this at such a level. Imagine if we were bowling with our best attack? 

Ireland have a choice. They can go out with a whimper, as they are doing, just waiting for the ball with their name on it. Or they can actually play some attacking shots.

They'll be all out for 35 at this rate.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Ireland have a choice. They can go out with a whimper, as they are doing, just waiting for the ball with their name on it. Or they can actually play some attacking shots.

They'll be all out for 35 at this rate.

They are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place mate. You can bet your arse the team talk was about time at the crease and eeking out runs to tire the bowlers then go for it. Kin of hard to change your mindset when you see the ball moving about as it is and the accuracy of the bowling. 

In hindsight they probably wish they just approached it like a T20 from the off. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

They are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place mate. You can bet your arse the team talk was about time at the crease and eeking out runs to tire the bowlers then go for it. Kin of hard to change your mindset when you see the ball moving about as it is and the accuracy of the bowling. 

Shit original team talk if that was the case.

They needed something to be positive about. They needed to show themselves they could win. From ball one they've just crapped themselves. No foot movement, no pressure on the bowlers. Allowing two very good bowlers to tear them to pieces.

They aren't good enough to be batting like Kane Williamson.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Jairzinho said:

Shit original team talk if that was the case.

They needed something to be positive about. They needed to show themselves they could win. From ball one they've just crapped themselves. No foot movement, no pressure on the bowlers. Allowing two very good bowlers to tear them to pieces.

They aren't good enough to be batting like Kane Williamson.

It is Ireland mate. They are just finding their way at this level. 

Guest Pistonbroke

England are spoiling my entertainment for this afternoon, I'll have to find something else to do in about half an hour. 32/7. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

England are spoiling my entertainment for this afternoon, I'll have to find something else to do in about half an hour. 32/7. 

Watch Cobra Kai on a free month trial from YouTube Premium. Best Friday afternoon imaginable!

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

Watch Cobra Kai on a free month trial from YouTube Premium. Best Friday afternoon imaginable!

Not really my thing mate. I might just have a Siesta. 

8 down now as Woakes gets another 5 for.