You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I can imagine, fanatical fans when it comes to Cricket, even more so against each other. I remember watching one on TV which was in India, think it was Kalkutta and it was absolutely rocking one minute then you could hear a pin drop the next if a wicket fell. I'd absolutely love to attend a live game between them both.  

The noise was fucking incredible and not having a horse in the race meant you could just love every minute of it and have a laugh with both sets of fans. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

The noise was fucking incredible and not having a horse in the race meant you could just love every minute of it and have a laugh with both sets of fans. 

I'd love to know how much the black market tickets were costing for tomorrow's encounter. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

They’d be going 4 figures easily I’d imagine. 

Yeah, they know how fanatical the support is and that they would still shift the tickets for daft prices. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Hope this shite weather doesn’t fuck it up

Forecast is not good for tomorrow afternoon. Just have to hope there's a fair bit of wind in Manchester area tomorrow to shift the clouds on quickly. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The other game has restarted and Afghanistan have lost 3 wickets in the first 7 balls since the break for rain. 4 wickets now. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Nicholas is 61 apparently, looks well for that

He certainly does, think his leaning towards Australia are due to the time he spent commentating for the Nine Network down under.   

Guest Pistonbroke

Aussies probably only one more wicket away from the SL soft belly. Matthews can bat a bit, a lot depends on both him and Mendis now. They need to try and get to about 280 with this partnership and they'll still be in with a shout. 

It was done the minute Karutnaratne (can't be arsed to google) got out. In fact, as I alluded to earlier, their five overs of pissing around before he got out probably killed the game.

Taking the game deep was good, obviously, but they then completely forgot to actually take any 1s and 2s, this built the pressure, and the inevitable wickets followed.

Good captaincy from Finch, it has to be said. No fucking around, get your strike bowlers on to kill the game.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Get past their openers and maybe top 3 then S/L really have a shit batting line up, said it earlier. Pity, as I like them. Aussies all over them now, 6 down. 

Guest Pistonbroke

All it has served up is what we knew already. Aussies don't know what their best batting line up is and struggle to up the RR at important phases of the game. I wouldn't write them off, but I'd be surprised if they made the final unless they win an important toss and benefit from the weather etc. S/L are shit, bar a few players. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Decent start from India after losing the toss and being put in to bat by Pakistan. Fuck me, the atmosphere is electric. 

Gonna miss most of this one due to poor planning and having guests over for Sunday dinner. I'll just leave it on on my monitor and sneak into my room now and again. 

Rohit Sharma is quality.

Before the start of the tournament it looked like the top 4 would be England, India, Australia and New Zealand and it’s going to that script.

Either of those sides could win it but I think it will be India.