You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

You can see why Bangladesh are ranked number 7 in ODI's. It is quite possible that they can overhaul Pakistan during this WC depending on how they do from here on in. 

Guest Pistonbroke

That was a weird phase of play. Stokes gets the batsman in trouble and the ball went on to hit the stumps but the bails weren't dislodged, then clean bowls him the next ball. That's 3/20 for Stokes now. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Easy win in the end by 106 runs, happy that Bangladesh didn't get a total pummelig and they played a decent  game with the bat, bit loose with the ball at times. NZ should easily beat Afghanistan so the table shaping up how you'd expect. 

India v Australia tomorrow, looking forward to that one! 

Guest Pistonbroke

Slow start by India after winning the toss and batting, starting to open up now though after the Aussies failed to make an early breakthrough with the ball. 62/0 off 13 overs. 

Guest Pistonbroke

So India make 352/5. I know it's a good wicket and the Aussies can bat but they ain't getting that against this Indian attack. 

Guest Pistonbroke

They need a record chase, plus India have a decent bowling line up. I wouldn't be surprised if Australia are all out for about 270. 

11 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They need a record chase, plus India have a decent bowling line up. I wouldn't be surprised if Australia are all out for about 270. 

I’ll have a few thatchers with you watching mate. 

Hope to fuck your slab was 500ml tins and not 440! 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, lifetime fan said:

I’ll have a few thatchers with you watching mate. 

Hope to duck your slab was 500ml tins and not 440! 

Yeah, half litre mate. Already got through half the slab. Just checked and they are only charging 46€ atm and not the 54€ I paid, the bastards. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Fucking hell, ball hits the stumps at pace and the bails fail to dislodge, about the 5th time that has happened so far in this WC: 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The flashing lights are exciting though, aren't they?

JUST. FUCK. OFF.

Interesting listening to the commentary. Bails were only introduced to help the umpires realise that the ball had hit the stumps. Before that, if the ball hit the stumps you were out. Aussies booming along at less than 3 an over, desperate not to lose an early wicket.  

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Interesting listening to the commentary. Bails were only introduced to help the umpires realise that the ball had hit the stumps. Before that, if the ball hit the stumps you were out. Aussies booming along at less than 3 an over, desperate not to lose an early wicket.  

I'm just fucking sick of more utter shit creeping its way in to the sport. 20 over cricket is completely unwatchable for me and it probably won't be too long before I feel the same way about 50 over cricket. 

I agree with your earlier assessment, Australia will get about 270/280. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I'm just fucking sick of more utter shit creeping its way in to the sport. 20 over cricket is completely unwatchable for me and it probably won't be too long before I feel the same way about 50 over cricket. 

I agree with your earlier assessment, Australia will get about 270/280. 

As long as they leave Test match Cricket alone I just take the shorter game for what it is. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I take it all back. 

The Aussies have been fucking crap. 

Good bowling mate. If India perform with the bat they'll piss this tournament because their bowling attack is pretty good considering most wickets are batsman friendly. Pressure is a funny thing though, especially when you get to the semi/final. 

The Aussie commentators get right on my tits.