You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Pitiful stuff from Sri Lanka. What an abysmal series.

Test cricket needs two divisions. This is a waste of fucking time.

It has been shite from Sri Lanka and yet they beat South Africa comfortably in a two match series this year although I don't know much about how it went or if players were missing for SA 

4 minutes ago, Stickman said:

It has been shite from Sri Lanka and yet they beat South Africa comfortably in a two match series this year although I don't know much about how it went or if players were missing for SA 

Seemed fairly full strength from South Africa. Fuck knows how they managed to get bummed by these. Bizarre how inconsistent these sides are.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Seemed fairly full strength from South Africa. Fuck knows how they managed to get bummed by these. Bizarre how inconsistent these sides are.

SA aren't really blessed in the spin department, so you probably can't win in the subcontinent, regardless of how mediocre the home side are. Plus England have actually played quite well in this series so deserve some credit.

16 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

SA aren't really blessed in the spin department, so you probably can't win in the subcontinent, regardless of how mediocre the home side are. Plus England have actually played quite well in this series so deserve some credit.

Oh, agreed. 

Bairstow has to stay at three now.

To be honest I'd love Sri Lanka to do this be great for Test Cricket in this part of the world.

I've really enjoyed this series it could easily have gone the other way if it wasn't for Sri Lanka having a 3 or 4 really shitty sessions but you can't argue with over a hundred runs scored in most of the sessions.

Give me this rather than the last couple of England away series against India and Australia when not only have England been hammered but it was fucking boring what with both the Aussies and India being over 500 or 600 for 3 on numerous occasions.

• Upvote 1

Fair play to England to come here and win 3-0 especially the way Test Cricket lately very much favours the home sides.

They've got away with things a few times in this series but to be fair they've also managed to get out of some sticky situations at times when in the past they've folded .

Hopefully they learn that when you have a side on it's knees you don't let them back up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Don’t think anyone will be surprised Bancroft has confirmed it was Warner’s idea. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/46686502

Maybe it was. Proper stinks though: smelling that Warner is the most vulnerable and winning Smith's (and CA's) favour by piling more of the blame his way to limit the scapegoating from 11 to 3 to 1.

I still reckon the whole bowling attack from the SA tour are a bunch of spineless shithouses who've let the other three take all the flak. There's no way in hell they knew nothing about it.

54 minutes ago, Manny said:

Maybe it was. Proper stinks though: smelling that Warner is the most vulnerable and winning Smith's (and CA's) favour by piling more of the blame his way to limit the scapegoating from 11 to 3 to 1.

I still reckon the whole bowling attack from the SA tour are a bunch of spineless shithouses who've let the other three take all the flak. There's no way in hell they knew nothing about it.

You make a good and very valid point (although I’d say the blame should be levelled at more than just the 11 players). 

But it was the cunt Warner who deliberately picked out the youngest, least capped and most easily influenced player to do it. 

The spineless piece of shit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive stuff from the Indians in Australia, Pujara especially has been class. They've got a very strong team at the moment with the best seem attack I can remember. Although they got well beaten by England in the summer, they contested those matches pretty well and won more than a few sessions.

As for the Aussies, what a sorry bunch they currently are, Pat Cummins excepted. They can't get Smith and Warner back soon enough, but there's surely a debate over whether Warner especially should ever be picked again( that stuff with Moeen Ali a low point even for him). 

This is without doubt the dumbest Australian team I've ever seen. The lack of bowling at the stumps (8% of balls this Test hitting the wickets) and the ridiculous way the batsmen get themselves out...the Ashes will be a fucking mauling at this rate.