You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

I imagine the jury saw, heard and studied the evidence a lot more than we did so I am afraid he is not guilty as fuck. Strangely enough the DPP tried to add 2 further charges to Stokes' charge sheet on Monday , but the trial judge refused and ripped them a new one about pulling this on the day of the trial after having 11 months to sort themselves out.

Gone a bit under the radar but the other lad who admitted he hit one of the gay couple with a bottle also got acquitted.

I imagine the jury saw, heard and studied the evidence a lot more than we did so I am afraid he is not guilty as fuck. Strangely enough the DPP tried to add 2 further charges to Stokes' charge sheet on Monday , but the trial judge refused and ripped them a new one about pulling this on the day of the trial after having 11 months to sort themselves out.

Gone a bit under the radar but the other lad who admitted he hit one of the gay couple with a bottle also got acquitted.

Both of the other ‘non celebs’ were acquitted.

So 3 pissed up twats were all fighting and acting like cunts but all 3 were found not guilty.

They were all guilty as fuck.

So 3 pissed up twats were all fighting and acting like cunts but all 3 were found not guilty.

Imagine it was David Warner! Hard to know what to make of it, as the video looks damning, but as always, context plays a big part in these situations. 

Imagine it was David Warner! Hard to know what to make of it, as the video looks damning, but as always, context plays a big part in these situations.

I doubt I’d have any problem calling out Warner mate *smiley face*

I hope I wouldn’t ever mind calling out an English cricketer either.

The two gay lads Stokes defended were on West Country news last night, both couldn’t praise Stokes enough, said they couldn’t defend themselves so they were happy Stokes stepped in to do it , both said they were afraid. Seems like he did stand up to homophobic abuse, albeit excessively.

They should add a greying tone of ginger to the rainbow flag in his honour...

• Upvote 1

The DPP may well have ballsed up the charges as 'Affray' has a weird bit where you have to be proven to have brought terror to any bystanders which may have been where it fell down as other than the gay couple , ' able to handle themselves ' bouncers and passing taxi drivers there weren't too many other people around. Maybe why they tried to add the other charges at the last minute.

The DPP may well have ballsed up the charges as 'Affray' has a weird bit where you have to be proven to have brought terror to any bystanders which may have been where it fell down as other than the gay couple , ' able to handle themselves ' bouncers and passing taxi drivers there weren't too many other people around. Maybe why they tried to add the other charges at the last minute.

Possibly.

All 3 were guilty of being drunken twats.

Just saw an article on the BBC website about rugby player Danny Cipriani being arrested after an incident at a nightclub in Jersey. Don't know the details but the article describes Cipriani as having been charged with assault, resisting arrest etc. Whether he was drunk or not, or whether he was provoked, there is something about young British people in particular being incapable of enjoying a night out without someone acting the twat and causing problems.

Basically ( from SSN )

Cipriani tried to take his drink outside a bar

Bouncer tries to stop him 

Cipriani thought that the bouncer was being funny because he knew who he was and Cipriani pushed him / grabbed his tie 

Bouncer phones police

Policewoman arrives

Cipriani feels it is overkill because of who he is and brushes the WPC aside and she is knocked over

She calls in 2 other PC's

He's arrested and charge with 5 offences

reduced to 2 charges ( common assault & resisting arrest ) and he pleads guilty this morning

£2k fine & £250 compo to the WPC.

First thoughts are that Cipriani was a complete dickhead to get involved  , but he may have a point about the Bouncer recognising him ( Would a bouncer normally call the police in a relatively minor incident like this ? )

First thoughts are that Cipriani was a complete dickhead to get involved  , but he may have a point about the Bouncer recognising him ( Would a bouncer normally call the police in a relatively minor incident like this ? )

I doubt it. If it had have been some no mark dickhead the bounce would probably dealt with it like bouncers like to.

• Upvote 1

Worcester win the toss and put Glos in.

Lad batting at No3 for Gloucestershire is a scouser called Ian Cockbain. Played for the local team I watch Bootle. Seen him from about the age of 13/14.  He made a great score in this comp a few weeks ago. He's got one of the best fielding arms I've ever seen.