Quantcast
The New Cricket Thread - Page 105 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
A_S

The New Cricket Thread

Who's touring and what's the Test programme in England this summer?

Two against Pakistan, the first starting next week, then a five test series against India which starts around August time. In the winter England are off to Sri Lanka for three tests.

There are fuckloads of limited over matches peppered throughout the year including five ODIs and a T20 against Australia.

• Upvote 1

I have no problem with England picking Buttler or Bess but the timing is poor. Buttler has played 4 first class matches in about 18 months and has been playing white ball cricket all winter but the selectors expect him to score runs against a swinging ball at Lords in May. Won't happen. And Bess may have had a good season last year but has obviously had a slow start this time around.

Bet you wish you were playing on those pitches.

I predicted this weather as soon as I retired. He got the 165 against my old club so I’d have been out for about 4 on a really nice deck.

• Upvote 1

From being a decent test outfit only a couple of years ago, we are now utterly shite and likely to get worse when Anderson retires. Both batting and bowling lacks quality throughout with few emerging prospects.

That awful Ashes Series last year - even from Australia's perspective because they were far shitter than the 4-0 result - is emblematic of the direction England and Australia are going.

Shit.

Just why in the name of fuckety fuck can we not bat? Pitch, location, conditions, weather, bowling style, lineup - you fucking name it, we’re absolute dogshit in or against every singe one of them, and have been for absolutely fucking ages.

Not like us to collapse is it ?  Pakistan showing the benefits of a proper warm up to the tour. Read that the Pakistan 11 had played nearly twice as many days cricket in Britain this season than the England 11.

Not been a fan of any of the new female commentators on football or cricket so far, but Isa Guha comes across as knowledgeable, has a pleasant commentating voice and interacts well with the various guys in the commentary box.

Not like us to collapse is it ?  Pakistan showing the benefits of a proper warm up to the tour. Read that the Pakistan 11 had played nearly twice as many days cricket in Britain this season than the England 11.

Not been a fan of any of the new female commentators on football or cricket so far, but Isa Guha comes across as knowledgeable, has a pleasant commentating voice and interacts well with the various guys in the commentary box.

She has been good although I doubt Botham will like her there he probably thinks she should be doing the dishes .