You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Gary fucking Ballance, how many more chances is he going to get - has he got nudies of the selectors or something? He's a county accumulator - if he makes anything significant against this Saffer attack I'll eat my arm.

Hameed and Jennings have both started this season in bad form. I still think Hameed has more potential but I'd sooner see both of them in the team (with Jennings at 3), or pick the form opener in Mark Stoneman. Try something different instead of hoping Ballance finally comes good at the third time asking. The loss of Woakes will hurt us as well, and by all accounts the Lords pitch is going to be a fast bowler's graveyard again.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Gary fucking Ballance, how many more chances is he going to get - has he got nudies of the selectors or something? He's a county accumulator - if he makes anything significant against this Saffer attack I'll eat my arm.

Hameed and Jennings have both started this season in bad form. I still think Hameed has more potential but I'd sooner see both of them in the team (with Jennings at 3), or pick the form opener in Mark Stoneman. Try something different instead of hoping Ballance finally comes good at the third time asking. The loss of Woakes will hurt us as well, and by all accounts the Lords pitch is going to be a fast bowler's graveyard again.

Yep, Stoneman is arguably a better opener than Jennings, he was at Durham and is doing well at Surrey since switching. 

England Lions are currently playing against SA, Jennings made 39 and Ballance is currently 50 NO. 

Guest Pistonbroke

This one day final is a good match so far. Stoneman made 144 in Surrey's total of 297. Notts are currently 150/4 off 25 overs with Hales getting the bulk of those runs and is currently 114 NO. 

Balls, make that 150/5, Umpire gives Mullaney out LBW to a ball that looked very much to be going down leg side. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Fucking hell, Mullaney even got a slight edge on that LBW decision, bit daft not having the review system in place. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Nott's win the One Day Trophy with 13 balls to spare, Hales 187 NO, breaking 6 records along the way. What a gem of an innings to witness, pure class. 

Hameed has been poor so far this season, so it's not a surprised he's not been called up

I kinda get why've ballance has been called up. Averaging close to 100 this season but we all know he's gonna struggle in the Test arena again. Personally, wouldn't have gone down that route

No idea why Dawson is there. And it does look like we're going to go in with either 2 spinners or 5 seamers. Strange. Unless they're question marks over the fitness of some of our bowlers like Broad, Jimmy and Stokes

Guest Pistonbroke

Jennings should have reviewed his wicket, what a fucking idiot, and Ballance for not telling him. Pitching outside leg and not even hitting the stumps.  17/2 and a shit start. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Root got away with one there, top edge to fine leg who was fielding too far in for the boundary as it sneaks over his hands. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Ballance out for 20 after review, plumb LBW (spunked a review). 49/3 and with a weakened batting line up not the best of starts. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Surprise sufuckingprise, Ballance fails.

SA are theoretically 1 wicket away from getting into our tail. 

Guest Pistonbroke

This game snuck up on me.

This will be a tougher series for England than the bye in Australia.

How is that looking John? I see the Australia A tour has been cancelled due to the pay dispute. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The Ashes will go ahead... as if they wouldn't.

Apparently, the Australian players will be "sub-contracted" for it.

Kind of hypocritical of them if they play mate, not going to go down to well with those that don't. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Cricket Australia and Australian Cricketers are like - if you're familiar with it - the last page of Orwell's "Animal Farm".

It's all a bit of a mess mate.