You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

Good win for England in the end. Bowled some muck this morning mind in attempting to get that last wicket, 99 runs they put on. Root's last over went for 4,4,4,6,6 and 4 byes. SA batting is woeful, but you can only beat what is in front of you and this will hopefully give England more confidence, especially the young lads making their way. On to Joburg next and hopefully to a series victory. 

Great win and fair play to England to come back after that shit first test, now keep it going for the final one.

On a side note is there any chance England's fast bowlers can maybe aim at the stumps when bowling to the last two batsmen, I think only three balls would have actually hit the stumps out of that 99 partnership

Here’s more on that moment with Stokes, from the eagle-eared Mike Lyle, who heard Stokes “arguing with a fan” as he left the field. “He had barely stepped over the boundary rope when he said, ‘Come and say that that to me outside the ground, you fucking four-eyed cunt!’” Wow. If that is confirmed, it’s bad.

“That guy really has some serious anger issues, no doubt he will get away with it without punishment but if that happened at my local club he would be facing an immediate ban.”

From the Guardian.

To be fair to Stokes, no fucker goes to work to be abused in their job.

I don't hold with this "you are paid XXX amount so you should just get on with it"

It's like saying because you get paid thousands you are suddenly immune to depression, coronavirus, injures or anything else.

None of us go to work to get abuse from some no mark. 

Just because you get paid whatever doesn't mean you suddenly become an emotional vacuum, unless you're a Tory MP, which means you're a Sociopath anyway and your job entails being a cunt to people and your upbringing and outlook has prepared you for it.

If I was walking round my place of work and some cunt gave me a mouthful of shite, to be fair I'd dropkick the cunt or at least offer the bastard a chance to be dropkicked.

While Stokes has apologised, which is the right thing to do, if I was in authority, I'd be looking at the cunt who decided it was fine to be a gobby twat thinking there was no comeback on him and ban the twat. And if it was a kid, I'd be asking the Dad to wander in to a meeting and ask why he thought it was grand for his kid to be a cunt without any kind of parental intervention.

If you were a teacher, Probation Officer, Lawyer, driving instructor, mechanic, shop worker or Librarian, that would be unacceptable behaviour from a customer/client/service user, no mater how much 'training' you've had or how much you got paid. If you went into a Pizza shop or Pub and behaved like that, you'd get fucking hoyed out and banned.

The amount of wages you get is irrelevant. Your payslip is no indicator of humanity or levels of tolerance.

• Upvote 2

Guy is supposed to have called Stokes a ginger cunt & something about Ed Sheeran. I personally have no issues with Stokes giving a bit back and agree with Mr O'Grady above.

Was quite amused  to hear that the authorities are more worried about the 'four-eyed' aspect of his rant as Specsavers are the main sponsor of the test series.

• Upvote 1

Crawley looked good yesterday. Looks to have plenty of shots and a decent temperament. He reminds me a little of Trescothick, especially when he's driving through the covers and down the ground. There is also a similarity there in being picked on potential rather than his first class record.

Still early days but it will be interesting to see what happens when Burns comes back. Denly, who I like, needs runs in Sri Lanka or it might be him making way. He hasn't looked great against spin here. 

Hopefully things are on the up, batting wise. Sterner tests to come of course.

Guest Pistonbroke

Start delayed due to rain, should be starting in the next hour though. With more bad weather forecast it looks like a foregone conclusion that England will win the series. The way SA bat I wouldn't be surprised to see England win this one either, probably only need 100 overs at them to get 20 wickets on this pitch.