You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

100/1 at drinks in the final session. SA commentator having a good whine about Elgar's dismissal, oblivious to the fact they themselves profit from minimal spikes being given out.  

Guest Pistonbroke

Nice to see a wicket fall just before close. means with rested bowlers we can have a go at a relatively new partnership in the morning which includes a Nightwatchman. Get one of those out early and the SA's will be under huge pressure on a day 5 wicket with more rough and wider cracks. Should be a tense day of Test Cricket. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Hard work for the England bowlers this. They've stuck at their task well but the pitch is dead and offering fuck all for the seamers, a bit of rough to work with for the spinners to left handed batsmen but de Kock has played well. It's been obvious all day that SA have been in defence mode and will get nowhere near the target set but apart from the last over before tea Root's just been conservative with his field placings, get them around the bat you cunt. On a side note, Barmy Army singing nothing else than 'Barmy Army' for 45 minutes solid would get right on my tits if I were sat in the ground watching the game. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, mgw100 said:

SA are good at this resolute, backs to the wall business. I think they will hold out

Need an early wicket after tea to put the pressure back on them, if these two stick around for another 10-12 overs and the ball doesn't start swinging a bit as it gets older then you'd fancy SA to hold out pretty easy. Root needs to back his spinners and crowd the bat to fuck, who cares if they go for a few 4's. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Brownie said:

A draw looks the most likely from here. Haven’t seen much of it, is Jimmy injured?

Doesn't look like it. Looks more like fatigue.  

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

He looked like he was carrying an injury to me

If he was injured I doubt he'd have made it back onto the field never mind bowl again mate. Not with 2 tests still to go and this one in no danger of going to the Saffas. Could be a slight strain/niggle though. Guess we'll find out at close of play. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, mgw100 said:

He's down on pace and not following through.

Sounds like me after being on the piss over the holiday period, much to my relief. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Denly gets de Kock with a long hop...hello......

If only we had a better front line spinner than Bess, Denly has bowled way better so far and he's just a part time spinner. Get another quick wicket soon and it is game on.