You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

Bowlers were excellent today. Stuck to their task, stifled the runs and reaped the rewards late on. England slight favourites but need to mop up the tail asap and hope to get 35-40 run lead. Stokes is some slip fielder. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I'm sensing a flaw in this plan

Yeah, Root was poor again. He's so fucking negative/defensive at times and just doesn't back his bowlers with field placings. As I said above though, the Bowlers were excellent. No doubt Root will dine off their hard work though. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Good morning for England, wrapped up the SA innings quickly and are 52/1 which equates to a lead of 98 so far. That young Zak Crawley looks like a walking wicket mind, hopefully someone takes him to one side and tells him he doesn't have to try and hit the leather off every ball. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Proper Test match cricket this, albeit between two struggling teams. SA bowlers bowling well, creating chances and keeping the RR down. England batsmen digging in to build an innings and building a lead. 

Guest Pistonbroke
13 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Didn’t this coming when we were struggling yesterday. Should go on to win relatively comfortably from here.

Told you mate, SA aren't that good, not that we are much better mind. Should romp it from here as the batsmen left can approach it as a one dayer once they get in and we'll probably have a 370-390 lead with 4-5 sessions to bowl them out. It would set things up nicely for my 2-2 prediction. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Not watching, how flat is the track? I see we haven't taken a wicket in 27 overs. 

Flattish mate. Spin is a threat against left handers. Just got Elgar out to the slightest of edges. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Haha. I'm at a family lunch and haven't seen any of the game sadly. Same for last night's game of a different sport.

I have to leave myself soon for fitness training so will miss the last hour of play today. It will all be set up for a great day tomorrow, hopefully we get another wicket or two before close today and then SA will be under immense pressure tomorrow morning. 

Enjoy your lunch mate. 

23 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I have to leave myself soon for fitness training so will miss the last hour of play today. It will all be set up for a great day tomorrow, hopefully we get another wicket or two before close today and then SA will be under immense pressure tomorrow morning. 

Enjoy your lunch mate. 

I did. Too much. Put on about three quarters of a stone over the last fortnight. 

Yeah, one or two tonight and they'll fold tomorrow.