You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

That's a good win for England. I reckon 2-2 is a fair reflection on the series. Pity the Aussies retain the Ashes but they deserved it due to Smith's batting and the fact their depth in bowling was better. We'll never know if Anderson would have made a difference but him being missing was a huge loss. 

Hopefully the likes of Sibley, Pope and Foakes are in the winter tours squad when it's announced. 

Started panicking a bit when Wade & Cummins were going ok and got to 240 for 6 so threw a quick tenner on the Aussies at 10/1. With my betting record the Aussie collapse was only minutes away. Wasn't expecting the MoM award or anything but thought Rooty might have mentioned me in the after-game speeches.

• Upvote 1

What a brilliant summer of cricket that was. Winning the Ashes would have been nice of course (to say the least) but we can’t complain with winning a World Cup and then drawing an Ashes series can we?

On a personal level it’s been great, I went to 2 of England’s World Cup games and 5 days of the Ashes (including the final day at Headingley). Spending all day at the cricket is just the best, it’s something which just makes me feel so fucking happy.

This was a summer i’ll never forget.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Lancs win the second division.

Total yo-yo club at the moment,  although they have a few good young bowlers and Jennings as opener. A good overseas purchase would then give them a decent base. Might work in our favour if Buttler fell out of the test team and gets a full summer with Lanky , possibly as skipper.

Guest Pistonbroke

Ben Stokes is rightly having a go at the Scum newspaper calling them Immoral, heartless and utterly disgusting for printing a front page story about a family tragedy which was 31 years ago and using Stokes to sensationalise it. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Glos currently in the final promotion spot, there’d be no surprise if they manage to fuck it up. 

It's close between about 4-5 teams for that last spot. Personally hoping Durham can make it, but they are currently fucking up against Northamptonshire who are currently in second. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Sussex looking most likely at the moment. 

Yeah, Glamorgan are also handily placed should they slip up. The weather could play a big part though, not looking good for either Gloucestershire or Durham. 

9 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Ben Stokes is rightly having a go at the Scum newspaper calling them Immoral, heartless and utterly disgusting for printing a front page story about a family tragedy which was 31 years ago and using Stokes to sensationalise it. 

Utter cunts.

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Atrocious journalism. Do we expect anything else ? Nowadays VIZ is less sensationalist than that rag